1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operating System on Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by s2a, Apr 25, 2005.

1. s2a

s2a Regular member

Is there a older version of Linux that takes less than 64 MB RAM, I was thinking around maybe 32 MB RAM, something like windows 98 compared to xp.

Does all the software and external hardware that work on windows work on Linux? I think so cuz Linux and Windows both work on PC unlike the Operating System on Mac, that only works on Mac.

Someone please help with this, because I'm not rich and I can't afford my own comp and I bassicaly want to turn my xbox to my pc..if u no wat i mean.

2. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

duhh they have something like that its called xbox linux. it was written for the xbox.
    http://www.xbox-linux.org/
    there is the official site.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2005
  3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

well there's gentooX and then there's a version of debian......I also think there's a version based on mandrake as well floating around the web. Just google xbox linux and check out the results.

5. s2a

s2a Regular member

can I put win 98 and xbox linux both on my xbox (my chip is duoX 2) as diff partitions? I heard that using 98 makes xbox run at 200 Mhz..

To put those OS's on my xbox I just gota ftp it?
    The person that put in my chip wants to make me pay 40$ (canadian) to put xbox linux in there, I dont wana pay, i rather to do it myself, sum1 plz tell me how, step by step and make it a sticky for future reference.

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

s2a, there are guides of how to do this on this site, http://www.xbox-linux.org/ They are the people who created Linux on the Xbox, so that is where you will find the best guides. Check that out, read the guides, and ask us any questions on stuff you don't understand.