1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

opinion on dvd-r

Discussion in 'PS2' started by egbert, May 31, 2003.

1. egbert

egbert Member

I was just wondering where to get the cheapest dvd-r that work good...Where do you guys buy yours??I have the top of the line sony dvd-burner so I was recomended the top-of-the-line sony dvd-r's,but at four bucks a piece it is really cutting into my wallet!!What is the best and cheapest for burning ps2 games...where do I get them??

2. c7015

c7015 Regular member

i have tried allot of discs and the best ones that I have found are the ritek I get them from ebay if I can and if there are none there I get them from www.rima.com they are a great disc for ps2 and movies and I have never had a coaster with them (best because they are the best value for performance)

I also like verbatim probobly the best quality disc out there however they are more costly than the ritek and I havent noticed any difference other than the price

Imation discs have worked for me but I cant get them in bulk for a good price so I dont bother

Pironeer are also good but they are very very expensive

and finally princo I hate princo (personally) lots of people have sucess with these discs however I didnt they would boot up and play movies however near the end they would skip out and there is a visible fading of the dye they are very cheap so if you are lookign for a cheap disc it is worth getting a coupple princos to see if they work with your setup becaue if they do work than you are set, since they are about the cheapest discs that you can buy (however I wouldnt take the risk to save a matter of cents per disc over the ritek)

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

i just get the big bulk with a no name brand dvd-r they are great quality dvd-r. you can get them all over the place like best buy.