1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions needed on DVD-R to DVD-r on the fly with Nero

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tamula, Dec 21, 2004.

1. tamula

tamula Guest

Hi
    I really need to make about 40 DVD-r's (dvd-5). They are all being copied from pre shrunk episodic style DVD-R's. Because of the quantity, and since the on the fly copies would be 1:1, I'm tempted to try it.

I'm burning 8x prodiscF01's with a Plextor 712A (fw1.05) and I only burn them at 4x, half speed. They seem to burn flawlessly that way - never had a problem in 100+ discs.

So what do you all think about 1:1 on the fly dvd-r to dvd-r copying in Nero? How much risk is there and have you had any success/disasters with doing it?
    THANKS in advance,

2. colw

colw Active member

Generally pretty safe - have had no problems with pre shrunk disk to disk copies on the fly.

Have only every done one or two at a time - main concern would be possible overheating problems with multiple burns.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

It actually comes down to how fast you PC is, how much ram, how fast the complete system is. If doing these copies with Nero, I would still copy it to the HD one time and set Nero to burn multiple copies. Then you just keep replacing the blank disc when full. This way you have less chance of buffer problems and read/write errors.

Jerry

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Sorry, I just re-read your post. These are DIFFERENT copies of copies. I first thought it was 40 copies of one dvd.

Jerry