1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optimal burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by y2whisper, Oct 21, 2004.

1. y2whisper

y2whisper Member

hey what can i do to make my burning process go as smoothly as possible. I mean burning on my 8X DVD writter at 4x and the buffer seems unstable and a the process takes much longer then it says it is going to be (nero)

any tips? i.e. what should be master & slave ( I have a cd rom and cd burner on here as well) or settings in nero or XP

2. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

If these aren't too obvious, I would say:

1 - Use high quality media, rated for the speed at which you're burning.

2 - Don't run any other apps while burning.

Also, what are your system specs - eg, processor, RAM, etc? What kind of burner do you have? What specific problems are you having?

The more information you provide, the better.

3. y2whisper

y2whisper Member

P4 1.6 480DDR Ram using Ridtek? (i think thats the name)

should a full 4x dvd take 40 min? or 14?

4. DGenerate

DGenerate Member

I suppose the actual buring should only take around 15 minutes, though I think it depends on your burner - despite it's rated speed, which is a theoretical value. For example, apparently my burner - a Pioneer DVR-108 - burns faster at 12x than at 16x.

Is it just the burning that's taking 40 minutes, or the encoding and the burning? We could use some more info - are you ripping and burning DVDs? What are you using to rip? What are you using to encode? Do you have other programs running in the background while you're burning?

5. y2whisper

y2whisper Member

nothing else running in the backround 8x burner lite-on 812s running at 4x for the media. and its only the process of burning i rip or encode with other programs and then let nero burn the iso