1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optimum Online and Emule?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by Parrappa, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Parrappa

Parrappa Member

I use Optimum Online to connect to the internet, and I've used Emule for months with OOL and had no problems, nice fast connect speeds, low ping to most of the servers....and then, one day, completely out of the blue, I logged onto Emule, and I was pinging over 2000 to every single server, not only that, but when I was connected to Emule, it slowed my actual internet speed down a LOT. On broadband tests, when I was not connected, My actual speed would be about 8 or 9000 kbps, but when connected, it would drop me down to about 200 kbps, literally, 200....
    I tried everything from changing the port that I was connected on, disabling my firewall completely, reinstalling Emule, Even installing an older version of Emule, but nothing helped....I was wondering if anybody else is/was experiancing this problem, and knows what is wrong, or if there is a way to correct it, or maybe some things I could try to correct it. Any help or advice I would appreciate greatly, thanks in advance.....

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I thought it was imppossible to get over 1024kb/s... either you're talking $h17 or you're a confused newbie.