1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optorite dd0203 any help appreciated

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by brendonO, Sep 9, 2004.

1. brendonO

brendonO Member

basicaly ive got the above burner, copying cds is ok but when it comes to dvd burning nero says theres some kind of logical problem and is queuing. its a nightmare. Any ideas why it wont burn will be appreciated. Im on xp, the above burner and trying to use nero. Ive run out of ideas the sites firmware is a pain as ive downloaded it but not sure how to run it as it cant be run in windows. new to this forum lark but after reading a few through the archive, you lot are normally bang on the mark. cheers to anyone who responds

2. bruwery

bruwery Member

Optorite's firmware should run in Windows XP. I just updated mine without any problems. Go to their website and download the latest one. It's called 260e I believe.

You will need a program such as WinZip to open the zip file. After opening the zip file, run the 260e program contained within it.

All you have to do is run it. There aren't any other buttons to push; the firmware update does all the work in installing itself. You will have to reboot afterward, however.

Upon rebooting, Windows XP will recognize the Optorite as new equipment and add it as plug and play.

You should be good to go at that point.

I assume you're using the Nero that came with the drive. Ick. That program, though it seems to be popular with a lot of people, is really unpredictable (at least it is on my system). Try downloading DVD Decryptor (if you don't already have it) and do your burns with that. DVD Decryptor is available on this site in the "downloads" section.

Backing up for a second: I apologize if this is a dumb statement, but if you're trying to duplicate a copy-protected DVD, you can't use Nero by itself. You need a program (such as DVD Decryptor or DVDShrink) to decrypt the disk first.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Is the burner set to master on the IDE?

Is DMA enabled?

Do you have InCD installed?

4. brendonO

brendonO Member

thanks for all your help, sorted the problem out which turns out to be a right rookie one. dvd player only burns dvd r / rw. explains why it wouldnt go. since the post im well on me way, burnt first dvd and also a duplicate. Thanks for all your help and its nice to know theres people out there willing to help

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anytime :)