1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

order of VOB's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by meottani, Jan 1, 2005.

1. meottani

meottani Member

I am trying to backup a dvd but when i put the burnt dvd-r in my player, it says "cannot play". I wasted 3 dvd-r's like this. I looked into the VIDEO_TS folder itself and it had a rather wierd contents...
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    ... isn't it missing the VIDEO_TS.VOB file? Should I try renaming files? If so how? VTS_01_0.VOB is a menu. I assume its maybe suppose to be the VIDEO_TS.VOB file? But then I get errors with the otehr VOB files. The dvd video plays alright in my computer except there is no audio, but I think that ha to do with something else. The problem lies when I try to put the dvd into my stand alone player. I am almost positive its because there is no VIDEO_TS.VOB file for the player to start with, so what should I do about it? Thankyou so much, this is driving me crazy.

2. baabaa

baabaa Active member

There should only be a VIDEO_TS.VOB if there is a menu.
    If you are just backing up a 'movie only' then the VIDEO_TS.VOB will not exist.

As far as the files go, what you have listed then the dvd should load up and play straight away.

If it doesn't then I would assume that there are certain data areas missing within the compiled file structure.

Can you list the software you have used - to rip and compile the files and to burn.
    And also what you actually trying to backup - ie full disc/movie only or episodes.

3. meottani

meottani Member

Thanks for your consideration. There are actually two menu's and they are in VTS_01_0.VOB. This file is a considerable amount smaller then all the other VOB's The dvd is Jimi Henderix Live at Woodstock and I currently have it in a img file. When I originally burnt it, opened the image file and extracted the audio and video folders. This wouldn't make any difference from just burning the img file?

4. meottani

meottani Member

Thanks for your consideration. There are actually two menu's and they are in VTS_01_0.VOB. This file is a considerable amount smaller then all the other VOB's The dvd is Jimi Henderix Live at Woodstock and I currently have it in a img file. When I originally burnt it, opened the image file and extracted the audio and video folders. This wouldn't make any difference from just burning the img file?