1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ordered psp motherboard

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by MUNKYEARS, Apr 12, 2007.

1. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

i bought a psp in march with ta 082 board and 2.82 fw and i just got a free motherboard from this credit site its on its way should recieve tommorow it has 3.10 oea fw i know its custom firmware but what can i do compared to normal firmware and will it be suitable for my psp i have read that the ta 082 has a different wifi/ card circuit board so could i just get a different one of them?

2. gasconade

gasconade Regular member

you can play homebrew, psx, and all the new games from your memory stick, instead of carrying around a bunch of UMDs...

you can run apps that change the customization and feel of your psp, you can connect to the psps ram (flash0/1) it comes with a recovery mode, so if you bugger your psp too much, it can go back to 1.50 factory state, or 3.10 OE-A...

honestly mate, id install 3.03 OE-C on there if you like customization, over psx games.....thats what i run, love it til the death of me....

now as for that wifi card, no clue...i never got into soldering too much, so mobo removal & chip/prod. installation on a psp scares me...

;D hope this helps a bit

3. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

thanks for the near-immediate reply i thought it would take 3 or 4 days lol

i modify my psp quite a lot im used to it and sometimes it scares me too as far as i know no soldering is required to replace parts as i have had to replace the screen due to throwing it at a wall due to annoying brother and savage rage and while i was doing that all the other components are attached with a ribbon cable so hopefully this new board will like the other parts inside if not ill just sell it to some other newb who has bricked their psp by some random method

4. isbreen

isbreen Regular member

Not sure why but I have it on good authority that a non ta-082 wifi card is not compatible with a ta-082 mobo and vice-versa. So yes you would have to change the wifi card also.

5. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

there are downsides to oe like the location free player doesn't work cuz dax needed xtra flash space for other stuff