1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Orig.bin missing (Will pay $ for help)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by bharv2003, Jan 4, 2008.

1. bharv2003

bharv2003 Member

Is there anyone who could give me their orig.bin file for the ms28 drive? When I try to have my drive read, it says that this:

***No valid key found in Backups\*******\*****\Orig.bin***

Here is a brief explanation of the valid key not found error...

Key Check locates the key by comparing tha all bytes of the key against the other bytes in the 16 byte key. If there are more than 3 identical bytes in the 16 byte key, it moves to the next logical key location in key block. So, if all of the 32 key locations have more than 3 identical bytes, then it will respond with valid key structure not found. It is very uncommon for keys to have repeating bytes and the most I have found to date is 3. Double check Backups\*******\*****\Orig.bin BEFORE Flashing.

Key block not copied - ABORTING!!!

Does anyone have any type of fix for this? Please help me. I will pay for one if necessary!!!

2. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

lol bro it doesnt work like that each xbox has its own key for that system unless u stored ur orig bin on ur pc like u were suppose to then ur bum @#$% out of luck

3. tronads

tronads Member

Its quite possible your key is a valid one. I have a 360 samsung that does report this error, but the key is valid. After discussion with Caster (the author), it turned out to be to do with the method used to count duplicate bytes. I think it has now been changed, but you may still have an old version.
    If you want to send me your bin file, I'll happily take a look at it for you.