1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

origenele taiyo yuden

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by lee007, Oct 29, 2007.

1. lee007

lee007 Member

2. Playr

Playr Regular member

I would be skeptical. They seem to be re-packaged which I've never seen a vendor do (for even TY valueline). Only way to confirm is read inner hub marking vs. MID.

3. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

These are indeed original Taiyo Yuden discs because only Taiyo Yuden medias use this specific shape of cakebox.If you compare the cakebox of any TY media with another brand which is not TY,then you'll see the difference.I've purchased quite a good number of TY DVD+R and CD-R and all of them come in that same cakebox.Even cakebox of 100 has that particular shape.But as said earlier,there's another best way to check if they are genuine or not is to check the inner hub coding.In lee007's link,though this brand of media may look unfamiliar to most of us,but we know that TY has been manufacturing medias under different brands namely Verbatim,Fujifilm,Plextor,Sony so it's possible that another company is outsourcing their medias from the famous TY under a different lesser-known brand.

Here is the cakebox(50discs)of Verbatim CD-R made by Taiyo Yuden.

Here is the cakebox(50 discs)of Verbatim DVD+R 16X made by Taiyo Yuden

And here is the cakebox(100 discs)of Taiyo Yuden's own brand of CD-R which is branded as "That's".

Check all these cakeboxes and you'll notice that in fact all TY medias come in such particular cakebox except for valueline TY medias which come wrapped.

Vincent.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2007