1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original copy of Chrono Cross won't work on PS2 help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hellbeans, Feb 9, 2007.

1. hellbeans

hellbeans Member

Hi, I just bought Chrono Cross which was a PSOne game, and It won't load on my PS2! what am I doing wrong? I've been waiting for this one to ship as I barely found it on eBay.

Followup to my favourite RPG of all time (Chrono Trigger) you can imagine I'm pissed as heck! the CDs don't look scratched, it's all boxed nice and pretty.

I insert the disc, wait a couple of seconds, then it sends me to the Browser with the picture of the disc saying "PlayStation 2 Disc" and it doesn't boot!

What do I do? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. tdude511

tdude511 Member

It is most likely a problem with your laser, too bad that this is happening becuase I know personally what a good game that one is =(. You could get your laser repaired, but it might honestly be eaasier to just get an old PS1...or you could use an emulator on your PC to play the game. Visit www.emulator-zone.com for more info, they have a good support forum there too.

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

You can either adjust the CD diode, which there are guides to explain, if you decide to do so but do it at your own risk, or from what I can guess, you have an old fatty. My v3 Fat PS2 has the same exact problem. I ejected and loaded my PSX copy of Chrono Cross a couple of times until it appears or sometimes on the very first try and no problems once it loads. If you need any more help, post back. Oh by the way, Chrono Cross isn't the only game that's doing this, right? Just to be sure, you should test your other original PSX games to see if it's really only your PS2 just as a precaution. If it's Chrono Cross and you had other games failing to load at rare instances or occasions, then it's your PS2; and I highly doubt it's the game itself.

P.S to hellbeans> Are you serious about Chrono Cross being 'barely found' on 'ebay'!? Lies!!! I can still see there are plenty unless you're from a different region?

4. anotheron

anotheron Member

as it says "PlayStation 2 Disc" you clearly have a chipped ps2
    refer to your chip manual on how to load psx games, if it is possible at all for your chip
    mine for examle requires to press reset button twice quickly in order to load psx game