1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original DVD Disc Shows As Not Present In Drive

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by Sledge13, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Sledge13

Sledge13 Member

Recently, several movies don't read using dvd decrypter, both with and without anydvd running in the backbround and using DVD Xcopy Platinum both with and without anydvd running in the background. Any clues, as this has not ever happened before. I keep my lense clean, the drive reads 99% of what I feed it in original DVDs. It's a Liteonit 4X burner and has copied well over 900 movies. It don't act like it's going out and still copies most movies like AVP,etc. Any guesses? The drive makes a chunk chunk sound like its having trouble reading where the data starts(my guess) when it won't read.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

sledge13,

Sounds like a drive on it's way out -

Using AnyDVD it should decrypt even though you're using an old, seriously out-of-date backup software - If your drive was working it would give you the poor quality product you've come to expect from XCopy.

Cheers,

Pete

3. Sledge13

Sledge13 Member

Well, I don't think it's the drive. I should add that it didn'tstart doing this until I upgraded the firmware to it. Now any advice. I don't have a copy of the original firmware.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Sounds Good ~

Often times a software upgrade can effect a drives bearings and such leading to unexplained noises. Perfectly normal ~

I once downloaded a graphics program only to have my printer grind to a halt - Go Figure ~

Hope you find your answer ~

Sea Yaaaaaaaaa

5. jwo62

jwo62 Member

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, I don't think it's the drive. I should add that it didn'tstart doing this until I upgraded the firmware to it
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sounds like a bad flash. typicaly,there is no going back. When ever I flash new firmware,i hold my breath. this can happen sometimes. you can try and flash it again. make sure you have the right firmware though. but I suspect you are going to need a new drive. sorry.

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  6. Sledge13

Sledge13 Member

well, I reinstalled the newer firmware and it improved slightly. I am unable to install the previous firmware. It says it cant find a liteonit 451s drive, but then shows drives available as liteonit 451s bsdc.

I just ordered an LG 16x drive.

7. Sledge13

Sledge13 Member

closed

8. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Don't give up on that drive yet! I had a drive that was completely non-functional and just gave me a solid orange light whenever power was on on my PC. I was about to get another drive but then another member here got me back on my feet again. Go here and download the GSBC stock unscrambled firmware: http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html If you have any problems check out http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44 These guys really know what they're talking about.

Good luck.