1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Gameplay vs. Backup

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by JRoland, Feb 5, 2005.

1. JRoland

JRoland Member

Hello,

I am using SwapMagic to boot my backups in conjunction with a PS2 FlipTop.

I recently got all the hardware I needed in order to play backups. In addition, I got Madden 2005 for my PS2. After running the game flawlessly on my PS2 using the original, I decided to make a working backup and see what I could do.
    Well, unfortunately, after wasting two DVD-R's, I burnt a working copy on the third try. However, the game is "slower" than the original. That is, the actual gameplay itself is fine, but the menu's load a tad slower and the game acts like its frozen prior to showing a replay.

Any suggestions or is this just the quality of all backups when used in conjunction with a PS2 FlipTop and SwapMagic?

Additional Notes:
    DVD Burner = Pioneer DVR-108
    DVD-R Media: Memorex 8x
    Settings: "BURN Proof" is checked; Write Speed is 1x
    Also, I copy an image to my harddrive and then burn it using DVD Decrypter ISO Read/Write Mode.

Thanks!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

memorex is poor quality media, and 8x is not recommended. Get some good quality 4x media like verbatim or ritek and try it. I've also read checking burn proof messes up the backup (not confirmed though).

3. JRoland

JRoland Member

That does sound like a good idea. I know I've always had great experiences using Verbatim CD's before.

Really, I was just trying to see if it's something wrong with my "process" or just something wrong with backups in general. By the sound of it, it's my doing and/or Memorex's - which I can handle :D

I'll report back after I get some more DVD's.

Thanks!

4. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

i tried both dvd-r and dvd+r

and in fact it was 2 hours ago i burned madden 2005 with memorex at 2.4x with a dvd+r.

it reads PERFECT and its like the orginal. i had the same problem as you when i used dvd-r

i patched the DNAS even though i wont be playing online and i burned with decrypter.

memorex is fine.. at least for me.. and you gotta make sure your ps2 reads dvd+r .. cuz +r work better for me,

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, the memorex +r discs are pretty good, but the -r discs are not.