1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Grand Theft Auto SA

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by dmusolino, Nov 19, 2004.

1. dmusolino

dmusolino Member

Now i recently got a modchip (not sure which one) installed on my V7 PS2. First I tried a couple backups of Splinter Cell and PES3 and they worked fine. Then I tried playing GTA SA and it would go to the bit where the game loads, but when the loading bar was full the game just stays where it is (sometimes it would say disc read eroor but would keep loading). Then i tried again and left the loading screen alone for about ten minutes and found that it had started to load the cut scene where carl is at the airport, after about another ten minutes the cut scene started and looked ok, but then when the next cutscene started to load i decided that it was just a waste of time if it was going to take me half an hour to start playing and turned it off. This is the ORIGINAL GTA SA not a backup, worked perfectly before i had the modchip and there is not a single scratch to be seen. Has anyone experienced this problem or know of anything that i can do about it?
    Thanx

2. Dude2099

Dude2099 Regular member

My brand new original of GTA SA did exactly the same thing must be a few games out there that are duds, got about 10 mins into game maybe where you are getting to, then i got a disc read error, and i tryed it again and got to the same spot and got please insert GTA SA Game Disk, wtf!! I was just playing it wtf do you think is it there, took it back to EB World and explained it and they swapped it straight away! oh and this is with a PS2 V12.

3. dmusolino

dmusolino Member

Are you saying that there was something wrong with your actually disc? My problem would be the ps2 because the game was working fine before i got it chipped.

4. yiyo

yiyo Guest

Usually with grandthefauto SA if you make a back up use a high cuality DVD R or you will get Disc read error during the game. if it happens with a original copy its either the game or ps2 laser is dirty and cannot read the disc properly