1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Original Modded Xbox Launching to MS Dash

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Stepghad, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Stepghad

Stepghad Newbie

Ok, so I've softmodded my XBox using the hotswap method with an old computer and everything went well and it was working great for a while. All of a sudden I noticed that the date keeps resetting to March 3, 2007. When this date is on the Xbox it will boot to the MS Dash. All I have to do is set the year to 2001 and reset the Xbox and it will launch UnleashX, so I know the softmod is working but it's just annoying that I have to open the settings and reset the time to launch UnleashX. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Edit: If it makes any difference, I used Shortcut Maker to make the default dash launch straight to CoinOPS on startup, which worked just fine. I just couldn't FTP in from CoinOPS so I ended up changing the dash back to UnleashX. That is when I started noticing the problem.

2. Stepghad

Stepghad Newbie

Found a solution to anyone who might be reading this post. So I was planning on making this Xbox into an arcade cabinet and took it apart (down to the bare mother board, power strip, etc.) for the sake of saving space. I decided to take apart the dvd drive down to it's motherboard also to save more space. Doing this shows that the DVD drive is always open (even though there technically isn't one now). For some reason that made the Xbox want to boot to MS Dash even though I basically turned all the dvd drive settings off. I don't know why adjusting the clock and rebooting made UnleashX boot but that's beside the point now. I put the DVD drive together and shutdown and rebooted my console multiple times now and it's going to UnleashX just fine now. Sorry about writing such a long post but I wanted to be sure you can fully understand this problem and fix it if you run into it because there was NOTHING that I could find online to help me with it lol. Thanks again for reading.

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member