1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Sim - Nightmare...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Rdonkey, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Rdonkey

Rdonkey Member

Ok I really am genuinely sorry if this is out of place, a repeat, whatever but I have looked over the site and cannot find any guides or threads on this problem. Ok.

I am attempting to copy the sims expansion packs in case the CD decides to screw up after maxis bled me dry for them, but whenever I try CloneCD it copies well and runs until it comes up with "please insert correct CD" at the loading screen (the autoplay works fine) and I am currently trying alcohol%120 but I am not convinced that it is happy because I am getting a phenomenal number of disc read errors. I am not convinced it will fare any better. I am trying to copy unleashed at the moment if that will make any difference. Any advice or links would be fantastic, I am on a terribly old machine (450 mhz or something garbage like that) and my burner is lite-on LTR-40125s, Clony XXL says it is 9 skulls (erp) and i cant help but feel i am a little out of my depth, sorry bout being such a n00b.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to AfterDawn :)

The first thing I would do is completely uninstall CloneCD. It gets blacklisted by SafeDisc all the time so there's a good chance it's the reason you're getting the "insert correct disc" error.

A mass of read errors on a SafeDisc protectede game is perfectly normal - that's part of how the protection works - so just let A120 do it's thing :)

3. Rdonkey

Rdonkey Member

Thanks, that seemed to work. Sorry about such a wasted thread...

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Not a waste at all :)

5. kkmike

kkmike Member

Not a waste - it helped me! I was gonna ask the same question. I'm backing up my first SafeDisc (Command and Conquer) using Alcohol and I gave up because I too got a $load of read errors and was only like 0.6% done after 45 minutes. I'll try it again tonight and just leave it alone and let it do it's thing. I guess it can take a few hours?

Mike

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005