1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original Xbox Cooling HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by suitman, Dec 15, 2007.

1. suitman

suitman Member

I need some major help. Major Help! I hope this is normal for the original Xbox but i'm not sure.

I know, the Xbox is an old system, but I just recently got one for free from my friend and I decided to mod it. The only problem with it was that it would shut off randomly but I fixed that by hardwiring the fan into the power supply. It worked really well, until yesterday when I dropped something on my case and something cut the fan wire right in two. So, I reattaced the fan to the motherboard (instead of the power supply) and now, heres the temperatures of my two chips after about 30 Minutes of Forza Motorsport:

CPU: 130 Degrees F.
    GPU: 100 Degrees F.

Since nobody really cares about the original Xbox anymore, I can't find any average temperatures of the two chips. Please, could you tell me if thats normal or if it is bad in any way and possibly give me some external alternatives to cooling the xbox? No i'm not gonna put it in the fridge when i'm not using it.

Thanks a ton for the following help!!

Suitman

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member