1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original xbox HDD woes!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by hersnab, Feb 5, 2007.

1. hersnab

hersnab Member

Hi all,
    Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I've been running an xbox with xecuter 2.6 modchip and a 120gig drive succesfully for ages now. The thing is I don't store any media on the xbox itself and I dont run games or emulators from it, I use it to stream media from my network storage so the 120gig hdd is redundant. So I thought I'd put the original hdd back in the xbox and reclaim the 120gig for media on my network, I used the exact same method as when I installed the 120gig drive (install drive, use slayers disc to format etc.) but when I switch the xbox on I get the red-green flashing light and slayers disc will not boot! Sometimes it hangs on the 'xecuter live config loading' screen. other times I get 09 error code. If I replace the 120gig hd the disc boots fine! I haven't any other hdds to test with but is it because its an original xbox drive? It has been used and formatted in a pc using the cable select jumper and works fine. Man this is giving me an headache! Any help greatly appreciated.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

you shouldnt have formatted the original hard disc. it should have been ready to go just put it in and start it up. i would sugest trying the softmod way and use xbox hdm and the files from the 120gb hard drive. that should work.

3. hersnab

hersnab Member

Yeah, you're right I shouldn't have formatted the original drive, at the time though I didn't think I'd ever need it again. I have since tested with other drives and they all work fine, so must be a problem on the original drive. Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it.