1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem original xbox Installing and soft modding new hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by jeffv, Feb 2, 2016.

1. jeffv

jeffv Newbie

Good day,
    I wanted to ask a couple oof questions, first of all i am new here on the forum and to soft modding in general.
    I wanted to build a xbox powered arcade cabined but seem to keep running into problems.
    Ill try to tell the whole story and ask my questions and will try to keep it as short as possible.
    I have a xbox so i wanted to mod it, but aparently it was allready modded and when i tried to mod it again i got all kinds of error codes and it stopped working.
    So i bought another xbox and soft modded it using the splinter cell game exploit.
    then i figured i would transfer my data to the "dead" hard drive using chimp, but aparently this isnt possible on this xboox since the screen turns green when i try to run it.
    I read that it is still possible trough windows prompt but to be honest that seems to hard for me.
    So i made a dvd with slayer's evox v2.7 on it booted up my xbox, then swaped the ide cable from my modded to my "dead" hdd ran the program and chose full install v1.x 5960 retail hdd to rebuild my hdd.
    The program is transfering the files but is soooooo slow.
    It has been going for 7 hours now and it is still installing.
    I also tried swappinf my modded hdd to the xbox where the "dead" hdd used to be, but no dice it wouldent take it.
    So my question, i have 2 blank 160gb hdd that are compatible and lockable with the xbox.
    Do i try to install the hdd using the slayer's evox dvd or can i just head over to my friends house, hook up my hdd to his xbox and copy the hdd using chimp.
    If i do either will they work with any xbox i put them in?.
    and for my lat question a simple one, is there a reason that it is taking so long to install these files from the dvd to the hdd?.
    alllready allot of thanks and all your impput will be greatly apriciated since i have been trying to get this to work for almost a week now.
    greets
    jeff
    PS sorry for the bbad english but it's not my native language

2. jeffv

jeffv Newbie

Ok so after 8 hours of waiting i canceled the install, it is pretty obvious that there was something very wrong.
    so i took a new, completely formatter had drive that i bought and did a new install with slayers evox 2.7 disc.
    And when i started it up i got a error 13 and error 14 soooo now i am reinstalling then trying to switch my dash to unleash x and locking the hard drive.
    and if that dosn't work i willl try cloning my friends hdd and if that still dosn't work the entire thing will end up in the garbage can.
    i allready spend countless hours trying to figure all this out and nothing seems to be working

3. jeffv

jeffv Newbie

ok so that didnt work either, i guess at this point i am just rambling to myself.
    So noow i am just going to mess around using the slayer's evox disc and try whatever option i can throw at it and see if it works i mean i have nothing to lose except that i just have another hard drive with completely useless stuff on it.

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Don't delete anything off the hdd especially C partition

slayers is outdated,AID would be a better choice

lastly this is where you should go for tuts & help & most downloads of software required to achieve what you want,however imo it's better to hardmod if for no other reason than reliability & for setting up it's a sinch.You can get games there as well,if you want the link to coinops 7 full 4000 games 60gb file size i'll pm link
    http://www.theisozone.com/

5. jeffv

jeffv Newbie

That would very much be apreciated thank you :).
    I have been messing around with coinops 7 and while i have downloaded the massive pack i only have arcade games, and i would really like to emulate snes,nes,megadrive,32x,psx and all thoose consoles so i can jam as much onto my had disk as i possibly can ;)

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Yeah massive is the same one i have

7. jeffv

jeffv Newbie

Could you post the link? i just checked my coin ops massive file and the entire map takess only 21 gb so seems to be quite a bit smaller then 60 gb.

8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

Did you get this figured out? I still have all of my old original xbox files if you need them. I can walk you through a softmod my way and save the headache and frustration you're having.

9. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

@ OP
    Sent PM
    once at the site scroll down the page as instructed in pm,when you see the word magnet clik it & it should load,just be sure you have enough free space & have removed your old download from the folder where torrents are stored,best to do a fresh download in case of corruption

10. Deerhall

Deerhall Newbie

Hello guys!
    My Original Xbox died a few years ago and it has been sitting in the cellar ever since.
    Now, I want to bring it to life if possible. I suspect the HD died because the Xbox starts fine but shows me an error message which I googled had something to do with the hard drive.
    My Xbox is chipped (think it was Alladin) and I had Xbox Media Center as my dashboard (EVO X n stuff installed too as programs).
    [​IMG]

Now, is there any possibility to recover my Xbox or should I trash it?

11. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

In future start a new topic if your not helping with the original topic starter,there is no need to dredge up old threads to ask a new unrelated issue

further up the page in this topic there is a link you'll need in one of my posts,go grab it.

First off open the case & check wiring is in place on the hdd & held firmly,it may pay to check for corrosion on any terminals & look for any domed or leaking capacitors,this includes making sure chip is in place correctly

I'd start by running AID.Running AID will determine if anything else is wrong assuming you can get past the no hdd detection,if not you'll have to try a known good hdd even if it's a SATA but no larger than 2tb

edit removed my cloud links to AID install disc & xbox partitioner 1.3

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017