1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original XBOX motherboard and Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by CZum10, Dec 29, 2004.

1. CZum10

CZum10 Member

I recently ran into a problem with my XBOX. I put a mod chip in it a long time ago and replaced with hard drive with a 120 gig one. Well, my mod chip broke and I need my original XBOX hard drive in order to put in a new mod chip. Problem is I lost it somehow. I was looking on ebay and people are selling XBOX motherboards with the matching hard drive. My question is are the motherboard and the hard drive the only 2 pieces of hardware that have to come from the same XBOX, or is there something else? If I get a motherboard and the matching hard drive will this work if I put them in my XBOX? Does anybody know this?

2. peachman

peachman Member

Why dont you just put in another mod chip? I'd recommend one from the xecuter family of chips.

3. CZum10

CZum10 Member

i guess it doesn't work like that because i already tried. I guess you have to start from ground zero with your original XBOX and unfortunately I don't have my original XBOX hard drive. What should I do now?

4. big_g-man

big_g-man Regular member

i agree with peachman. you shouldn't need a whole new motherboard and hard drive. all you should need is a new modchip.

5. Twinski

Twinski Regular member

You don't need a new hard drive, as long as your new hard drive has all of the stuff you need (key,epprom,etc) and is running right now, and also i wouldn't buy a XBOX stock hard drive off of the internet, because you could be buying a banned hard drive and then you can't play xbl.