1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Original XBox xbmc dashboard issues

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Modding & Hacking' started by Cbizzle500, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Cbizzle500

Cbizzle500 Newbie

So I have had the same modded Xbox for about 8 years. Just recently I took it to a friends and it was working fine. But when I got it home when the xbmc dashboard comes up the image starts skipping. The xbox sign show up perfect so I'm sure its not an issue with the video cord. Iv looked all over and haven't found a solution to the problem. But reading posts here people seem to know what there talking about so I thought I'd give it a shot. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

You'll have better luck getting an answer here as the original xbox forum here at AD is dead.A short video of the issue uploaded would go a long way as well if possible
    http://www.theisozone.com/

3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Its a very easy fix, get the latest xbmc or use the most stable build that you have used in the past. FTP into the box using your softmod gamesave gamedisc. If you have xbmc as your main dash, remember not to erase your short cut. Delete the contents of the xbmc folder found on the xbox hard drive and transfer the fresh build. You will lose all of your settings upon doing so but it will work as it should. Many have xbmc as their main dash, others as a secondary dash booting from one of the many dashes like unleashx. I use my original xbox regularly and the xbmc files can become corrupted due improper shutdowns like a power outage or power plug pulls.

You can recover your box from any mistake as long as you do not delete the softmod and the gamesave exploit from the hard drive. The EEPROM is what you need to worry about, back that up on a disc or flashdrive. Once your hard drive dies, without that you wont be able to rebuild or make a factory image. 8 years a long time, hard drive issues are looming.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Angelina Franklin likes this.