1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oriphus, Does he live in this forum, Does he exist outside the matrix?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Aug 1, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im afraid ill ahve to disagree with u over the reasons for Roys departure. It isnt so much he faked an injury and Mick sent him home. Its more to do with the fact that he was extremely pissed off about the Irelands training facilities, compared with say Englands and Spains, et... He felt it was Mick McCarthy's job to make sure everything was all right for the team, which it wasnt. He also, never respected Mick as a player. Hoever, when you speak to your manager in the mannor that Roy did, you do not desire the right to play for your country. Mick did the right decision with Roy, as insubordination cannot be tolerated on the football field. Ireland did very well without him, though i just wish he couldve been there. I had £50 on us winning the world cup :-( at 100:1

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

herbsman, i wasnt complaining that mick was running the show at all!! He got us to the world cup, fair play to him but you dont send your best player home after you get there!!

Oriphus, watch the dvd, read the book, listen to the truth as to why he was sent home, and he said himself, his decision to quit international football was because of advice he was given on a medical!

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I wasnt denying that part about his decision to quit international football. I've watched all the programs and have his book. That is different to his reason for being sent home. He reason for being sent home is purely to do with his outbreak at Mick McCarthy. Nothing else. that is what i said in my post. Quiting international football came at a later date, AFTER he had been sent home. Oh, of course you are Bias, i am too. You have to be, being a United fan, it comes with the territory ;-)

4. Dela

Oriphus, his loyalty to his country was questioned by a man who wasnt from his country, thats like you from the north telling me im a lousy republican or vice versa! lol

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - we wont go there hehe. Im a great republican ;-)

6. Dela

Ok we'll try and stay clear of the whole north issue, i actually just realised something funny about herbsman's lst post to me

If you read what I said, I said that Mick was english questioning the loyalty of an irish man, i would have said it the same way if Mick was american or japanese! So whatevcer way u took it up you seem to be putting it some way to imply that i said there was something wrong with the fact he was english full stop! Which of course i wasnt

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, i understand the need for managers from other countries who may be mroe experienced. Jackie Charlton was a legend in Ireland and always will be. However, it would be nice to get someone like Martin Oneil to come back after his spell at celtic and manage the side. Someone who is Irish is always a welcome, but not always a neccessity ;-)

8. Dela

Ah the manager we have now will do a good job :) He's done great with the youth teams!

9. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Well, one of the goals from Man Utd made it onto my local sports station's "plays of the week." I have to say it was a pretty sweet goal.

And if anybody is going to ask me who scored it, I'd have to say it was some dude. I think he was wearing a soccer jersey.

10. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Roy Keane was sent home from World Cup cos he was pissing and moaning about the conditions. With a 'Man Utd don't train like this, why should I' mentality no wonder all his team mates wanted him to piss off home.

He completely single handedly destroyed the morale for the entire Ireland team. Only fans that stuck by him were Man Utd fans, most Irish fans thought he was a whining weener.

However in view of what he has done for Man Utd he is the dogs bollox. Without a doubt the best captain they ever had bar none.

I'll never forget the game he pushed Phil Neville for sloppy defending and Neville replied 'Who the fusk you pushing'. Priceless bit of Keanism.

11. Dela

Keane was sent home by Mick because of the fight himself and mcarty had, even mick said that himself! He had the support of most irish people and if the team really hated him so much why were they looking forward to his return? btw, I am irish!

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Besides all the Roy Keane bollocks being spoken in here , Martin O'Neil would a perfect manager for the Republic of Ireland team in my honest opinion.
    It makes me wonder why he doesnt wanna do the job , cos he must've been offered it surely ??

13. Dela

Ye he must have been offered it and has proven already that he is an excellent manager but there are no complaints about Brian Kerr. Especially since he worked with a lot of the team before in the youth teams!

14. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Yeah , I hear that as I believe Alan Curbishley could well do a good job in the England Managership...

15. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Roy Keane was sent home from World Cup cos he was pissing and moaning about the conditions. With a 'Man Utd don't train like this, why should I' mentality no wonder all his team mates wanted him to piss off home.

Thats exactly why he was sent home. And he was right to disagree with the conditions as they were a disgrace, but he was not right to argue with the manager and say the things he said about Mick.

16. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I didn't agree with Ferguson's sale of Stam.

I thought Ferguson was an idiot for letting Beckham go for £25 million.

Now he has flogged Veron for £15 million WTF is wrong with him! I always felt Veron was overshadowed by Beckham. When Beckham left I thought 'Right this is where Veron excels'. Then Ferguson goes and sells him for practically half the price he originally paid for him.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2003
  17. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Veron and Beckham play in two different positions, so therefore, could not be affected by each other. I think the sale of both was the right thing to do. This is a manager that has won the ENglish premier League 8 out of a possible 11 times. How can you say that Fergusons is an idiot? He must easily be the most successful manager ever! I'll trust his opinions, and when we win the league, ill thank him for it again and again!!

18. Dela

Ferguson does surprise me too on occasion with his decisions but ill stand behiond the man while he is there :)

19. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

He makes decisions that we dont understand some times, but they always seem to turn out for the best. He is the reason for our success, so ill not doubt what he decides

20. Dela

Yep, will be a sad day when he finally leaves though!!