1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

oscam versus cccam

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fintannl, Apr 6, 2016.

1. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

many folks will be using cccam in their cient boxes. I suspect that as such you will have noticed that you have this strange problem where the TV freezes on the hour exactly. This is related to two CWs being received at the same time on the hour. Normally CWs are sent every 8 seconds The first CW received is correct, the second is garbage. So you get your 7 second freeze. Oscam on the other hand has a duplicate CW check inbuilt. As such it discards the garbage CW and the freeeze doesnt happen. So for those who are able to, I would suggest switch your CAM from CCCAM to 'OSCAM. You won't look back. My system hasn't frozen once since I changed it to OSCAM over a month ago

2. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Hi fintannl, I would like to try switching from cccam to oscam would it be possible with an nline and would you know where to get a step by step guide ? Cheers!

3. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

The format of the nline is
    n: hostaddress port username password and other stuff.
    First up I do not know what image you are using. I can only assume that when you go to menu, plugins, download plgins, softcams that the latest oscam svn is there. So for starters you download it from there and install. Alternatively you go to the oscam download centre and download the latest oscam that is applicable for your box. Transfer this ipk to the /tmp directory and then telnet to the box and do opkg install /tmp/*ipk --force-overwrite
    Next up is the config files for oscam. Normally these files are stored in /etc/tuxbox/configs (there may be a further sub-directory oscam, if so go to this within flashfxp or FileZilla. So you will need the following files

oscam.conf (just open a new text file and change the extension .txt to .conf and put the following in it)
    [global]
    logfile = stdout
    fallbacktimeout = 3
    bindwait = 5
    nice = -1
    maxlogsize = 200
    waitforcards = 0
    preferlocalcards = 1
    lb_mode = 1
    lb_save = 100
    lb_savepath = /usr/local/stat
    lb_auto_timeout_t = 26000

[anticasc]
    enabled = 1

[cache]

[cccam]

[dvbapi]

enabled = 1
    au = 1
    request_mode = 1

Next file is oscam.dvbapi (txt file again)
    P: 0963:000000 # Sky V13
    M: 0960 0963
    M: 0961 0963

Next file is oscam.user (txt file again)

[account]
    user = localuser
    group = 4,7,8
    monlevel = 0
    au = 0

Next file is oscam.server (this file you will need to modify with your hostaddress, port, user and pass
    [reader]
    label = share
    protocol = cccam
    device = hostname,port
    user = username
    password = password
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    group = 4,7,8
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    ccckeepalive = 1
    cccreshare = 1

So put these four files into the appropriate directory, stop (or remove) cccam and start oscam and off you go.

4. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Using openatv 5.1 , will give it a go , cheers!

5. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

Did use openatv for about 20 minutes. Really disliked it. Openpli or openvix for me

6. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

It's not too bad got a zgemma star 2s it was on it and it doesn't support cams anymore so may be as well changing image to be sure I get the right oscam version for the image

7. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

my server is a zgemma 2s. its simply brilliant. it runs openpli 4.0 flawlessly (openpli now supports zgemma). I did run openvix on it but it was rubbish. First up vix say they don't support zgemma and all indicators prove this to be true. It was terrible. Then what is the problem with openpli. Answer is crossepg. Openpli have consistently failed to provide support for crossepg. But then if you use the epgimport plugin on openpli this works like a charm. And you can load tsmedia on openpli. I always use version 10.6 of tsmedia as all further versions are so user unfriendly. Hope this helps

8. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Thanks fintannl, I tried oscam on the openatv but as I said earlier I can't put cams on it through the "download softcams" option so I might have put in the wrong oscam version ? I was going to try openvix but I will now go with openpli , Cheers!

9. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

If you manage to load openpli be aware that config files go into /etc/tuxbox/configs/oscam/. If using tsmedia you should check out movies123, moviesxk and these days icefilms works once more (it was always my favourite plugin).

10. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

Success ! oscam up and running , thanks for your help!

11. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

wonder if you can report back and say whether it was worth the effort. Did you notice any improvement

12. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

I was going to wait a while to see if it did improve , on weekends especially I get the odd 8 second glitch , it didn't only happen on the hour , watching Newcastle v palace game in hd coming up to 40 mins and only one freeze , that for me is a big improvement .

fintannl likes this.
  13. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

After 1 month of switching from cccam to oscam the difference has been excellent ! Has to be the best bit of advice I have had since I've joined this forum . Thanks again Fintannl , top man !

fintannl likes this.
  14. popeye10

popeye10 Regular member

im eager to try oscam, just stuck on where to put my personal details.
    here is an example of them:
    N: goodserver.com 1234 popeye-1234 619035 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (please note all this is fictional for illustration)
    which parts of the details fit into where in this file?
    [reader]
    label = share
    protocol = cccam
    device = hostname,port
    user = username
    password = password
    inactivitytimeout = 30
    group = 4,7,8
    cccversion = 2.2.1
    cccmaxhops = 2
    ccckeepalive = 1
    cccreshare = 1

if you could publish how this file would look with my (fictional) details i can then edit it to include the correct details.
    thanks in advance.

15. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

device = goodserver.com,1234
    username=popeye-1234
    password=619035

all other information not required

16. dub12dave

dub12dave Regular member

Great post Fintanni, not my original work but here's how I got Oscam running on ATV

Download and install oscam atv emu through the plugin menu, make it your active cam and restart it in menu, info panel, softcam panel, use filezilla or your FTP program of choice and go to USR folder, then KEYS folder, in there you will see oscam_atv....open this and look for oscam.server.

Left click then right click on oscam.server and edit, then delete all the details in there and paste in the reader below make sure you put your details in there save it and then send it back to the box, overwriting when prompted.

Then restart oscam on the box and bingo.

Here is an example reader if needed, if you want to add more lines then just change the label = TV1 to Tv2, TV3 etc..

If copying and pasting this reader make sure you copy the top line too (reader)

[reader]
    label = TV1
    protocol = newcamd
    device = your.server.com,port (Don't forget the comma)
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    user = username
    password = password
    inactivitytimeout = 60
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,31
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-u = 1
    blockemm-s = 1
    blockemm-g = 1