1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSEx vs. DVDExtractor

Discussion in 'Video problems with Mac' started by faydog, Mar 5, 2003.

1. faydog

faydog Member

Can OSEx save disc images that can then be burned in Toast running in OS X?

I've been using DVDExtractor running in OS 9 to rip disc images and then burning those in Toast in OS X with a lot of success. But switching between Startup Discs every time I wanna rip a disc has gotten to be a real pain. I'd love to find a OS X native app that does the task. Is OSEx the one?

2. mike71

mike71 Guest

I use osex and dvdbackup

3. faydog

faydog Member

You use OSEx to save disc images, or to rip the streams?

Does anyone use OSEx to save an image and then burn the image in Toast??

4. mike71

mike71 Guest

small dvd - use DVDbackup, then toast

larger dvd's - i use osex, lately i've been splitting streams and then using sizzle followed by toast.

or sizzle, transcoder, toast

5. bossnas

bossnas Member

i've been using 0SEx to save disc images and then burning in toast with great results but this only works with <4.5GB discs.

i can't get sizzle to see the AC3 audio file if i rip the movie title file. how do you guys do it? i'm having to convert to mp2 with media pipe to see if that works.

dvd backup doesn't want to work with my A05 burner.

cheers

G4/450 DP
    Jaguar

6. shaiwon

shaiwon Member

I been ripping DVD movies using OSEx, using Sizzle to create the disk image, and then using Toast to burn the movie.

The problem is that after trying the burned DVD on my DVD player, as well as on my 12" PB, not all of the movie has been burned. Usually only half of the movie is on the DVD even though the contents is the same size (<4.3GB) as the original disk image.

I've tried burning using Disk Copy also, with no success. I'm not sure if it's the superdrive or the way I'm creating the disk image. If you can offer any insight to what I'm doing wrong, please let me know. Thanks!