1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other causes for Region Error?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by jimb, Apr 17, 2017.

1. jimb

jimb Newbie

Hello Afterdawn :)

A friend has a flashed xbox 360 with dashboard 2.0.17349 (not jtaged or RGH or so, just flashed)

He flashed it in late Feb - Mar to run 2017 titles and was able to run NBA 2017 with no problem.

He tried to run Fifa 2017 PAL and Pro Evolution soccer 2017 PAL but he got region error...

At first I told him they must be from different region just like the error said but once I inspected them I found out they are indeed PAL using Abgx.

I inspected one of them with Abgx and got errors:

Layerbreak error
    Filesize too small
    Topolgy does not match
    ISO size too small to contain L1 video
    Stealth failed

The question, why did he get the region error code while the region is correct? is there anything mentioned above makes sense to get region error when region is correct? or is it something esle? dashboard version?

Is there something known to cause region error beside wrong region :confused:

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Best i could find is the game is a pirate copy & not an actual rip of an owned disc by this friend.Before i web searched my 1st thought was iso is truncated to fit on a disc without over burn,as a genuine rip won't give that error

jimb likes this.
  3. jimb

jimb Newbie

Hi scorpNZ,

1. Regarding your first 1st thought, you mean "truncated to fit on a disc without over burn" is known to cause region error message even when region is correct and visible to Abgx?

2. Regarding your other statement, are you saying that your first thought is correct but it is more likely that his system is not PAL?

Thanks for your help scorpNZ

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

1. Never seen that error regarding region,however the region issue is irrelevant as there's something wrong with the iso itself & that error is as far as i'm aware only appears on downloaded games from the web .Need to find another source.Would pay to check comments before downloading

2. No ! Regardless if the game is ntsc/pal or not,if ripped with the 0800 drive you will get a complete iso.I've never had that error of all the games i backed up of which is substantial

best bet is find another source.

Most probably could do with a dash update to at least 489,however as can be seen in link there's no mention of any updates for playing games.So i think the dash is not an issue
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/system-update-operating-system

jimb likes this.
  5. jimb

jimb Newbie

That was very helpful scorpNZ, I appreciate the time you took to help me and look into this, very kind of you man :)

A small question about what you said if I may,

Would updating to any of the newer dashes above his break the flash? I just don't want him to pay another 22 dollars to flash it again. he already got a very bad deal on this console. If the dash update does not affect the flash I will advice him to update dash.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

My understanding is there hasn't been a dvd reflash since the last one back in 2011, & it seems others have updated fine.However it would be safer to leave it until 100 % positive or contact the person who flashed it & ask as there doesn't seem to be any info on dash 17 versions for some reason.the guys at realmodscene would know.

jimb likes this.
  7. jimb

jimb Newbie

I really can't thank you enough scorpNZ, I appreciate your help a lot, you're the best :)