1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of ideas for PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by code7, Jan 18, 2005.

1. code7

code7 Member

I have tried for two months to back up my PS2 DVD discs.

I have read all the threads and messages, and tried desparately not to post this.

I tried Alcohol 120%, and DVD Decryptor. I can duplicate movies, and the movies play on the PS2, however the PS2 DVDs just will not work. I utilize Swap Magic DVD 2.0 on an SCPH 50001 Play Station. The Swap Magic disc works fine (along with the flip top), but every DVD backup I put in displays the red border. I have used different discs, HP and Verbatum movie DVDs (the more expensive type of Verbatum), tried different DVD burners, and PC's. All the media has been DVD + R. Any Ideas? I have followed the directions on the tutorials posted on the site to the T, and still no good. Additionally I tried backing up at the max speed of the DVD drives, then also tried backing up at 4x. also to no avail.

Any thoughts on anything I have overlooked?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

If your backup movies play on your ps2, then it probably isn't a media issue. Is your media 4x max or 8x max, i know a lot of ps2's don't like 8x. I would definitely recommend burning slower than 4x, try 1x.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

i think i am right in saying this is v9???
    you cannot use magic 2.0 on the v9
    you need swapmagic 3.3

4. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I agree it most likely has to do with the version of Swap Magic. Hope you get it fixed.

5. code7

code7 Member

The new are 4x, which is why I purposely bought these discs. But to no avail.

Regarding the Ver 2.0 DVD Swap magic, I had searched prior and found it unclear weather 2.0 would work with a v9 machine. In searching again today, as per your thoughts, It appears that perhaps the ver 2.0 DVD is not compatible with the V9 PS2, Great, since I just purchased the V 2.0 two months ago.

I'll probably try the new 3.3 ver. I just thought it odd that the ver 2.0 would load up and then die on the load of the game.

Thank you all for the response.

6. hursty

hursty Active member

taken from swapmagicfix.com
    with kind regards hursty

7. code7

code7 Member

Thank you everyone. I will make the necessary adjustment.