1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of memory DVD Shrink 3.1.7

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by K1d, Apr 22, 2004.

1. K1d

K1d Guest

ok first of all this is my first post and i tried to find another thread like this and didnt so i apologize if this has been answered already.My problem is I am using Shrink I compressed the DVD down so theres enough to fit on a 4.3 gig DVDr. After getting to the Encoding stage I notice the RAM on my computer drops from 1-5 mb, then i get the error mesage from DVD shrink "out of memory".I also notice my RAM is reset back to 800mb or so,..I have 1024 mb of memory in this system. Maybe thats normal it drops that much? I use the FreeRAMxp program to monitor my memory.I am able to copy this DVD no problem using DVDxCopy but i like Shrink's quality way better.Should i compress it more?Im sure all my settings on Shrink are right i followed somones step by step. please help

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried shutting down the FreeRAMXP thingy? With 1024MB RAM I've found the RAM optimizers are uneeded - I've 1024MB as well and run Shrink all the time with no problems at all.

3. K1d

K1d Guest

well i ran DVD decrypter first, into file format. Then ran Shrink and that seemed to have solved the problem, it was a really big dvd so maybe just some weird fluke. thanks alot your right about the RAM optimizer im just so used to using them. this afterdawn is a lifesaver =)

4. Nephilim

Kewl! Every now and again there is a title that Shrink just doesn't like - that's where Decrypter really saves the day :)

5. icuser

icuser Member

I have tried what you suggested yet I am still receiving "out of memory". I also tried increasing Pagefile memory which did not help. Below are my systems specs...

RAM: 1+ GB
    HD: 200 GB

Where do I shut down the FreeRAMXP thingy?

6. Nephilim

Hi,

FreeRAMXP is a third party app, do you have it installed?

Are you multitasking while burning? That'll do it.

7. icuser

icuser Member

No, I do not have FreeRAMXP install. How or where do I obtain this program? No, I am not multitask.

I rebooted the system to release any cache and then I ran only DVD Shrink by itself. After 15 minutes, "out of memory" error pop-up. I even tried DVD Decrypter; also receive the same result.

8. K1d

K1d Guest

The thing about that error, which I don't understand but it seemed to fix it for me...I got the "out of memory", i tried compressing the files a little more to make sure i hit under the 4360 mb deadline. That did the trick. That error also seemed to come up on DVD's that were larger, for example it did it on the Soprano's, which is like a 6 gig disk somehow? im not sure... I know computers, but I'm a newbie to DVD burning, my opinion try compressing a little more.

9. icuser

icuser Member

I had tried what you suggested. I had custom compressed to less than 4 GB. The custom compression is at 47.3% and no extra selected. I believe the size is abou 3,896 MB. When I click backup, the program performed its function. Than maybe 15 minutes later, "out of memory". It mention about pagefile.

I know I have enough RAM memory (1+ GB) and also pagefile (2+ GB). No matter how I resize the pagefile or compress the DVD, I always receive the error.

10. K1d

K1d Guest

is that every DVD you try or a certain one?

11. icuser

icuser Member

I had tried several DVD and yes, every DVD I tried gave me the same result. DVD I tried....

Finding Nemo
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Master and Commander