1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of memory dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by horsemen, Jan 5, 2005.

1. horsemen

horsemen Member

ok i know you all are tired of resident evil 2 on the back up it stops at 52% ,i am useing dvdidel with dvd shrink 3.2
    i get a error saying
    dvd shrink encounter an error and cannot continue
    out of memory
    not enough storageis available to process this command

to make it easy i trying to copuy it to a 24 gig hd and it says the 8 gig movie is to big lol any help hear
    my signature should have my comp layout listed

2. mhoover

mhoover Member

I get the same error with Little Black Book. I've tried every hint in this forum to no avail.......for two days. Mine sticks at 48% on shrink.

Hope somebody has an answer.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  3. horsemen

horsemen Member

ok hear how i got it to work i used only super dvd copy ver 2.2 to get it to my hd then i used dvd shrink to burn it ithin the mem error is due from the dvdidle so i disable it and used the super dvd copy had no probs....only useing the free trail for now hoping dvd shrink comes out with a new ver to get around this new pain in the a**

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

There's a brand new version of Decrypter out to handle this.

keep hoping, but it ain't happening. no new shrink ever ever again.(according to things I've read)

5. mhoover

mhoover Member

I tried the new decrypter and it didn't work. Horsemen, is super dvd copy verion 2.2 freeware. All I can find is verion 2.0. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2005
  6. iweng

iweng Member

I had same problem (out of memory at 60%) when I was using Shrink for RE2. I used VOBBlanker to record RE2 to HD then use Shrink to backup whole movie w/o any problem. The following is the procedure:
    1. insert dvd in computer(resident evil apocolypse)
    2. open up vobblanker
    3. input folder (browes and find dvd drive letter)click on it then click on the video_ts folder click open twice.
    4. output folder(creat a new one) to record moviw to HD
    5. hight all items in the title set window all items should now be blue.
    6. click the EXECUTE under the left top FILE bottom. The VOB start working and taking about 50 mins to record whole movie.
    7.open up shrink then press the open file button
    8. find your folder and click on it and then click ok
    9 burn it w/ nero

7. mhoover

mhoover Member

I finally got it to work. I used the PSL list off the decrypter website and when I re-authored in shrink, I left the first couple minutes of blank screen intact. Previously I had been chopping this off and starting right at the movie. Evidently, I was chopping off the encryption or dummy files, or something, and shrink didn't like it.

Using Decrypters PSL file alone won't fix the problem. Don't re-author the beganning of the movie.