1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Memory Error? Help...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nesschap, Jan 28, 2007.

1. nesschap

nesschap Member

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I have converted a DVD with DVD Decrypter and now am trying to shrink and Burn with DVD Shrink. I have tried several times to redo the original DVD files hoping it was just a cliche....this is the error I am getting from DVD Shrink as I reach the 38 percent shrunk mark. "Out of Memory. Not enough storage is availabe to process command"....Not being sure what that means, I want to explain that I am saving this temp files to a an external hard drive that has 282 GB of free space. I just burned one with no problem yesterday. Never had this error. I have my settings in Decrypter set to the ones Uncle Pete has in one of the threads. (I have tried burning to files and burning to ISO's). If I am missing sharing any info please let me know and I will clarify it.

Thanks a Bunch,
    Vanessa

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

DVDShrink does use a temp folder but I am pretty sure it does not delete them. I don't think... I have to manually delete files from it every time I do a new disk.

Try setting the "temp" folder to another one on your big free drive and double check that the old one was not defaulted to somewhere on your main drive.

A good rule of thumb for any burning issues: Do a defrag. Ripping frags up your drive something fierce! Run a cleaner for your registry and apps. I use ccleaner it is good, google it is free! Also run disk cleanup to remove any unneeded junk. And although this does not sound like a firmware issue it is best to double check that your is up to date.

Hope this helps, let us know.

3. nesschap

nesschap Member

I tried all that you suggested...stll same error...other ideas

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Have you tried using ripit4me with decrypter and Shrink. It is the only way I use those two together. With ripit4me those two can back up anything! It may be some wierd encryption problem given the false statements (ie, yes you do have space). Neither of these programs are updated anymore but ripit4me has stepped in to make them work.

Try it

www.ripit4me.org

5. nesschap

nesschap Member

I am trying it as we type. I assumed I was to use RipIt4Me first which then toggled over to DVD Decrpyter. Hopefully ripping the ful movie was the way to go. :)

I will let you know what happens. Thank you for helping me out with this..

Vanessa

6. nesschap

nesschap Member

Your the best, Kitty, using ripit4me with decrypter and shrink was the charm.........Thank you so much...(Vanessa..running of to add this to her notes)

Vanessa

7. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

I'm so glad it worked for you. It was sounding like an encryption error of some sort when nothing made sense!

Happy Burning