1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of Memory Error when starts to burn

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mgamer, May 3, 2005.

1. mgamer

mgamer Member

hi i am trying to make a back up copy of dragonball: the sega of goku disk 2. i use DVD Decrypter to back the movie up to my comp. then open up DVD Shrink 3.2. i click back up it encodes it. when it gets to 100% it says its out of memory. this is the first time i have had this. i have made copies of other stuff fine. i also try to open the encoded file and it gives me a error. system cant find the file specified. i have planty of room on the hard drive. i have deleted the the files on my comp recoped them back. still dont work. all my settings are on default. just reinstalled both programs.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Usually that error comes up on encrypted movies, but that's not the case here, you said you already have it on your hard drive. How much RAM do you have? What did your buffer get up to when it was encoding? What's the size of the movie after Shrink got done with it?

3. mgamer

mgamer Member

i have 512 ram. the size of the movie is 4.35. i dont know what the buffer get up to but i will check. i have made over 100 copies of my movies and this is the first time it didnt work.

4. mgamer

mgamer Member

the buffer was around 45-50 the whole time. it says out of memory. the parameter is incorrect.

5. squizzle

squizzle Active member

sounds like there's something on your system that's hogging all your memory. Have you just recently installed any software that could be causing this?

6. mgamer

mgamer Member

well i formated my comp so there isnt to much running. i checked my memory it says i have 69% free. i can play the dvd with power dvd from the file from my comp.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

ok, hopefully you'll be able to burn again! Let me know how it all works out for you.

8. mgamer

mgamer Member

i guess i wont make a copy of it. i cant get it to copy. i am going to give it to a friend to try. this is the first time something didnt work.

9. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Here's an idea. Since it only does it at the end, you could use Re-author mode and chop off the very end of the movie. That might work. If you do this you will lose menus though.

Usually this error occurs during the rip on Sony Arccos protected movies (The Forgotten, The Grudge). Since you already have this ripped, your situation is an odd one. How much space is left on your hard drive?

10. mgamer

mgamer Member

on the hard drive there is about 150gb free.

Last edited: May 5, 2005
  11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

That's plenty of room.

Try what I said about cutting off the last bits of the movie. That's the only other thing I can think of at this time.