1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Memory Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by aryak, Sep 26, 2004.

1. aryak

aryak Member

For some reason I keep running out of memory. Its only on dvd's by columbia movies. I tried getting the newest dvd shrink and looking over the settings.

I am running 40 gigs of free hard drive space. I have a amd 2.2 and 1.5 gigs of ram. This is a gamer rig thats can take a beating. This memory error is driving me nuts. I have no idea why by its these columbia picture movies. All the other movies I havent had a problem with. The movies I cant burn are Basic and the Patroit. I was watching the task manager and it makes no sense. It starts fine but ramps up to over 1000mb sometimes upto 1200mb, then back down to 24mb then says it runs out of memory.

Any help or thoughts is appricated.

2. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Are you running FAT32 or NTFS? FAT 32 only handles 4 gigs while NTFS will handle 10g. If you're not on NTFS and plan on doing much video work you need to partition part of your drive to NTFS.

4. aryak

aryak Member

I am using the newest DVD decrypter and DVD shrink. I am also running NTFS. I am running a pioneer drive though. I don't think its the drive sometimes its ok sometimes it acts up. I was watching the memory usage it ramped up over a gig then back down. Then crashed out of memory. It doesnt make sense because the memory usage was down when it crashed out of memory.

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

hmmm...I just read the link cynthia provided(very interesting cynthia btw, thanx). You might want to try it with the older shrink and see if you get the error. That would at least narrow the problem down.

6. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

The funny thing with this error is that the displayed error code has changed between the versions of DVDShrink.

7. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member