1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Memory Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by car1ef, Feb 13, 2005.

1. car1ef

car1ef Member

First and fore most, thanks to all of you for hosting such an informative web-site...

Ok, here's what I've got...

I'm running on an AMD 3200+ (2.2 gig), with 512mb ddr 2700 mushkin blue RAM, an 80 gig Western Digital HDD with 50.9 gig free, and 3000 mb in total virtual memory...

The Movie is The Matrix Revolutions, Disc 1

Here's what's going on...

The disc has some minor scratches on it (just enough so that shrink didn't want to analyze it) so I ripped it to my HDD using decrypter in ISO Read mode... the rip was successful... I then used shrink to open the disc image, everything's going great so far... then it happens...

It'll get to 45% Encoding, running at 6942 KB/s with the buffer at 1595 mb, then it gives me the error message: "Out of Memory Not enough storage is available to process this command"...

After receiving this nice little love note from shrink, I increased my virtual memory to 3000 mb hoping to solve this problem myself, when that didn't work I tried to use your search function but couldn't find anything with the same parameters that I have (everything else had to do with running on old systems with very few resources, as mine is neither old nor out of resources I decided to ask for your help)...

Any suggestions?

Carl

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

3. car1ef

car1ef Member

I had tried that yesterday and when I tried to open the files with shrink it said it couldn't locate a specific file which wasn't even in the list of files that decrypter said was on the disc... that's why I went with ISO... but I will try it again

Carl

4. Outofline

Outofline Member

I had the same error when coping Forgotten ripping wit Decyrpter first. I was then using Reauthor to burn the movie at 100% and a few trailers and every time I would get this error when encoding. So the last time I did it all over again and burned the Full Back up and it worked!

5. car1ef

car1ef Member

I've been trying to burn a full back up, I just tried to use decrypter's file function and now I get the error "Invalid data in file "C:\~\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB"

I tried to rip that file to the folder again but still got the same error message...

Any thoughts?

Carl

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005
  6. car1ef

car1ef Member

Ok...

I've got the movie on my HDD as an ISO image (which gives me the out of memory error), and as a video_ts file (which says invalid data in c:\~\video_ts\vts_01_1.vob) nothing I've tried seems to work!

I'm starting to go just a little bit nucking futs here!!!

Alright, I'm a little better now, but I still don't know how to rip a movie using decrypter then shrink it using shrink...

Please, someone out there has to know how to do this...

Carl

7. Outofline

Outofline Member

I fought with this for a while also until I just dragged and drop the file on the open DVD Shrink and it started analizing it. I think I fouond it in the pulldown box on Decrypter cuz I for the life of me could not find it on my computer. Now I'm not at all an expert on all types of files so I'm not sure if I had a different type then what you saved.

8. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

9. car1ef

car1ef Member

I'm running AnyDVD, But I haven't tried CloneDVD yet...

Thanks For the advice...

Carl

10. car1ef

car1ef Member

I was able to re-author the movie in shrink, so at least I got the main movie... would have liked to do a full backup, but this is better than nothing...

Thanks to everyone for all your help!

Carl