1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of memory, will some fix this ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Krpano, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Krpano

Krpano Member

Hey,
    I got another Sony DVD(the grudge) with that badass protection.
    Im not able to burn it...i managed to rip and its on my HD but can open with DVDShrink because the out of memory thing.
    Its simply insane, at one moment the buffer goes over 1600 and my memory, well it use all my memory (1GB).
    Ive tried all ways with no success at all.

Im woundering if someone know if the DVDShrink team is preparing some update to this issue, otherwise its time to move to another program.

Ill try to rip the movie tomorrow again, if i turn around this problem i let u know.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

What program are you using for the initial rip? I backed this up yesterday with Decrypter and Shrink without a single problem. Are there any programs working in the background? The sony protection isn't an issue anymore.

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Exactly what steps have you taken when you get this problem? Are you trying to reathor main movie only backup?

4. Krpano

Krpano Member

Yesterday, i started to reply here very happy while burning when i got one error during the burn.
    :-/
    Well, as i was writing;
    I dunno how i managed to encode it (the rip was not a problem) i simply installed/uninstalled the applications lots of times restarted my PC non stop and suddenly DVDShrink passed through the 30% encode without hang up with that badass out of memory thing.
    I, again, had to re-author the DVD.
    Btw, i ripped the DVD in 2 modes, FILE and ISO using DVD Decrypter.
    The File mode was impossible to be read by DVDShrink or Nero Recode.
    Ill try to burn later and i let you know if i lose another DVD5.

Maybe if i burn the without rencode ill have no problem.

5. dbldown11

dbldown11 Member

i had the same problem with running out of memory for the forgotten. i ripped initally with Dvd Decrypter then tryed shrink. tired with all the stupid memory issues i then just used anyDVD + shrink together. everything worked perfectly.

my advise would to try something similar instead of opening all the files on you pc. BTW, i didnt reauther, i did the whole movie.

6. nycdude

nycdude Member

I also had the same problem with Little Black Book.

Anydvd and dvdshrink is the way to go.

7. Krpano

Krpano Member

AnyDVD didnt worked for me...
    Yes, i did all right..im not a noob..:)
    Anyway guys, i managed to burn.

One thing i can say....buy another SONY movie ?
    NO THANKS !!!

8. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Ok since you won't answer my question so that I can help you, then I'll just give you some information and tell you good luck.

DVD Shrink can't can't deinterlace a movie that's interlaced. What's that mean? Well, take a look at the forgotten. If you are in full disk mode and expand the main movie folder, there is only one main movie file. If you go to reathor, it shows two main movie files. If you watch the movie there is an alternate version that has the alternate ending. The two are interlaced and share the same main body of film, just having different instructions for the different endings. Shrink can't separate them.