1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Memory

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by helpme911, Jan 2, 2005.

1. helpme911

helpme911 Member

I have been trying to shrink a dvd movie (resident evil/apocalypse) and it's been giving me a error. The error is (dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot countinue. Out of memory. Not enough storage is available to process this command. My computer has 64 mb and 60 gb. What should I do????

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

run a search on resident evil/apocalypse. there are a number of posts to answer your ?.

3. colw

colw Active member

With 64mb of memory you ain't going to go nowhere - more memory required for DVD encoding/burning.

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Sorry, I missed the 64mb, colw is right

5. bardie

bardie Regular member

Sounds like you need to upgrade your system, unfortunately it won't be any good for this type of work.

6. Grampaw

Grampaw Regular member

I occasionally get this exact same error message using Shrink on one of my computers - the PIII computer, with 768 RAM, Win98SE operating system, and twin 40 GB drives. No other apps are running at the time, and both drives are 75% empty. My little memory indicator sits at 30% - i.e. lots of memory available.

All I do is close out Shrink, then reopen Shrink and everything works fine. I've always figured this is just some Shrink-Win98SE bug thathappens under certain circumstances.

7. J.R.

J.R. Guest

i got a similar message it said i did not have enough space it was my hard drive that was full. so i bought a new hard drive (external) 120gig
    works great in that department now
    is the error definatley saying memory
    cheers johnboy