1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

out of sync audio/video

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by homer316, May 9, 2004.

1. homer316

homer316 Guest

hi, i have a film that i wish to turn into a dvd, it's in avi format, but when i try to encode it into mpg to burn to dvd (i use nero) the audio is well out of sync with the video. can anyone suggest software i can use to fix this, or how i can encode the avi into mpg without the above described problem. any help would be great.

2. cepiffo

cepiffo Member

Forgive me if I don't give the solution to your problem, but I have your same difficulties!
    I have audio - video desync problems with Studio 9 and also with Ulead DVD Movie Factory.
    It often happens when I edit more than one file at the same time, very rarely when working with just one file.
    Could please someone help US?

Sergio

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well First off "NEVER" Use Nero to encode your Files to Mpeg for DVD because like everyone Knows the encoder that nero uses is the Worst encoder that was ever created and should not be used under any circumstances.....
    You should be useing a Real Mpeg encoder Like the MainConcept encoder or Tmpgenc to encode your AVI file to Mpeg2/DVD and then use a Good DVD authoring program to add menu"s and Chapters and to Burn the DVD, Something like DVD Lab or something extremely simple like Tmpgenc DVD author...If you go this route the Quality of your Movies will be Much better and you will have far less Problems...Cheers