1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of sync auido due to variable/low framerate in film?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Firebomb, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Firebomb

Firebomb Member

Hi guys.

I followed the guide on AVI to DVD conversion and burning from the site. Great guide, got me started.
    Anyway i Converted my AVI movie file using TMPGEnc as the guild says and had it output the m2v file and the mp2 audio file no problem in about 4 hours.
    Then used IfoEdit to sort the tables etc, used nero 8 to burn the disk and the disk worked in my DvD player.

The problem was, the audio is out of sync with the video. After a bit of messing about i cheaked the file run lenths.
    Now the AVI has a runtime of 111.07 mins. Thats the normal lenth of the film.
    My 2 output files from TMPGEnc are not the same tho. The audio file IS 111.07 but the m2v file is only about 57mins long. There is NO part of the film missing in the m2v film so at first i got a little confused. The film does also NOT look like its running to fast.

I went back to the AVI file and cheaked the frame rate. It seems to start at like 30 and makes it way down to about a steady 23.89/24FPS after a few mins in to the film and stays there.

The m2v has a frame rate of 25ish fps. Which is think is standard for PAL 4:1 widescreen and is auto set in TMPGEnc.

SO my question is, if i change the FPS TMPGEnc sets from 25 to 24FPS, will this sync my audio OR is it something else? I dont want to waste another 4 hour convert if possable due to missing one setting somewhere.

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. Firebomb

Firebomb Member

Just noticed 2 options TMPGEnc in the advanced tab in other settings:
    Inverse Telecine
    Do not frame rate conversion

Ether of these options the right track?

3. Firebomb

Firebomb Member

Well, i sorted it myself rather then reencoding i used Adobe Prem & resync'd the sound and did some other bits.
    THanks for all the help guys!!! oh .... n/m ;)