1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of Sync

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by batwell22, Apr 4, 2007.

1. batwell22

batwell22 Member

Hi guys,

I burnt a home movie and noticed that one of the movies(chapters) was dodge, the film was out of sync with the audio?

I therefore started again and burnt a new project but this chapter is still out of sync? it's the only file i got from VHS and the file on my PC works fine with everything in sync but when it comes to burning it doesn't like it???

Any help would be great? i never had this problem before? im using pinnacle 9?

Thanks

2. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

This may sound like a stupid question, but where do you play back the disc? Is it a portable DVD player? Because the only time I've ever had playback out of sync was when it was on a portable DVD player with its battery dying. I flipped out when I noticed it because I hadn't noticed it before (it was a DVD I watch often--married with children), but then when I put it back in my regular player, it was fine.

Now, of course, if you are playing this on a regular stand alone player, then forget everything I said lol. Sorry I wasn't any more help.

I've never had this problem except for the aforementioned incident.

3. batwell22

batwell22 Member

It's a normal DVD player.

Might be the settings as it did use to work fine when i have previously burnt ok!

Thanks

4. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

The video file that is in sync when played on your PC but out of sync after you burn it, what kind of file is it? Mpeg? Avi?

5. batwell22

batwell22 Member

I used Xpress to import it from VHS into DV(AVI) which plays fine but when i burn to the projext it goes out of sync????

Thanks

6. moonrocks

moonrocks Regular member

I would try to use something other than Pinnacle 9 if you can. Otherwise try encoding it to mpeg with TMPGEnc Plus (free trial). Then check the sync again before burning it. If necessary you could use the Quick Stream Fix feature of VideoRedo (free trial) to reset the time stamps on the mpeg file.

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/download/tp.html
    http://www.videoredo.com/