1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out with old, in with the New

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by JulieJugs, Jun 8, 2007.

1. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Hi,

Looking for some help here. I have looked through the forum and cant find any info that helps my situation.
    I have a PSP v1.5 and I have fastloader .7 loaded onto the memory stick. All my old ISO's work fine but now that I am trying to load some new ones on they dont seem to be working. Everytime I try to load a new ISO the screen just goes blank, freezes and then after about 10 secs my PSP just turns off.
    I've looked at other people talking about upgrading to higher OE versions but I thought the idea was the PSP had to be 1.5 to work the ISO's. I'm a noobie to this so please be gentle.
    Any help much appreciated.

2. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Please help

3. schism123

schism123 Member

on 3.40oe-a you can play new and old games straight off the memory stick and you can play psx games aswell so i would suggest upgrading

4. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Okay, I have upgraded to the 3.4OE. To install the update I had to format my memory stick and now I have a root PSP folder which has 4 sub directories (GAME,PHOTO,MUSIC AND SAVEDATA).
    Do I need to do anything else or do I now just copy the ISO into a folder (game folder I'm guessing????)

5. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

you have to create an ISO folder.

so X being your psp

X:\ISO\game.iso
    or
    X:\ISO\game.cso

then to access your game/games, from the XMB goto GAME then to MemoryStick and they should appear there.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Okay, ISO folder created and ISO copied into ISO folder.
    I have now gone to the game section on PSP and the game shows up on memory stick. Everything looks ok but when I click the game to load the screen goes black for 5 secs then comes up "The game could not be started (80010002)". I feel so close but yet so far!
    Further help required please.

7. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

umd in the drive?

any will do.

8. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

yeah, there is a umd in the drive

9. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

hmmm what game?

it is possible though, that it could be a bad ISO (would still show up on the main portion until u try to run it)

you could try another copy, or another newer game ISO?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  10. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

I have tried Mind Quiz and Pirates of the caribean but they both come up the same. I will try one of my old ISO's that worked with fastloader to see what happens.

11. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

it could be a setting somewhere w/ the OE firmware, but i'm not sure what it would be, hopefully someone else will take it from here, as i'm bouncing, good luck gettin that working, sorry i couldn't walk you through it better/more.

12. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Okay, just tried World Series Poker which definitely works as I had it running before on version 1.5 with fastloader. When I try it now it comes up in the game section like the other two but when I try and play it the game couldnt be started message comes up

13. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Okay, thanks smurf. Can anyone else help??

14. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

quickly you could try this, reboot the psp fully, and while you power it back up hold the R button, this will bring up the recovery menu, goto settings, there should be one called NO-UMD Mode u could try screwin w/ that (only has 2 options enabled and disabled) but sometimes it can cause an issue like that.....

15. scrum

scrum Member

To be more exact, when the Recovery mode shows up, let go of the R button and look for Configuration. Go down to it (should be second on the list) and hit X. Under "Use NO-UMD" (5th one down after BACK), it should say "(currently:Disabled)". If it says Enabled, go down to it and hit the X button. This will Disable it. Go up to back, choose that option, and then Exit. I got that exact error one time, and doing that fixed it.

16. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Smurf your a star. Have changed the UMD setting to enabled. Tried the old ISO of World poker and it worked, tried new iso of Mind Quiz and it worked but sadly when I try pirates the screen goes black with loader light blinky away but nothing ever happens. Maybe the pirates is a duff ISO. Thanks for your help Smurf.

17. JulieJugs

JulieJugs Member

Thanks Scrum. I'm glad to see its not just me thats having this problem. Strange though that u changed urs to disabled to make is work and I've changed mine to enabled to make it work.
    At least I have managed to get one new ISO to work and my old ones still seem to work. Will try some more new ones and let u know of my progress