1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(OUTDATED) Guide: How to play ISOS/ CSOS via USB In FW 3.10 OE-A' or lower with usbmount v1.03 - (Buggy) [Archive Reference Only]

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by ThisDude, Jan 21, 2007.

1. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

I make these guides because when I was new to the PSP Hacking Community, I did not know anything at all until I had help from fellow afterDawners. (Thank you!) And I just thought I should contribute something back so I decided to make guides.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There' a new plugin released by "out_37h_6" which allows you to play your games from your computer. I orignally posted this guide on the
    "PSP-Haxors" forum; http://www.psp-haxors.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=723&pid=7621#pid7621 as it was started there but i thought i might put it here too. THIS PART OF THE GUIDE IS NOT FOR "TA-082 users", please go to Note 6: of the bottom of my guide.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'll try and keep this guide up to date as much as I can.

I've tried this already and I can confirm that this works

But yes the app is a little buggy so let's hope the next release will be better.
    I've made this guide for the purpose of new users* who are new to the PSP Hacking Community so bare with me if the steps sound too simple as everything is explained for someone who is new to this. *(I don't like to call them noobs as we were all noobs once) Please reply back if this worked for you.

EDIT: This guide took me very long to write. So a thank you would be nice if this guide worked for you.
    This works like a charm and for those of yous who don't know how to get this to work do the following and I pray for you that this will work: ( PS: I am not a Christian ):p
    EDIT:

This will only work on the latest 3.40 OE-A Custom Firmware. (Or lower)

EDIT:

I have made this guide as noob friendly and hassle free as possible.

Follow this guide completely in every steps and it will work

1.) Download the file: (If the download links are down, then post a reply)
    HERE: http://www.sendspace.com/file/0j2iv8
    or
    HERE: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=56XRJPLP
    2.) Extract it using "WinRAR". (Search on "Google" if you don't have this)
    3.) Open the folder you extracted from "WinRAR". (usbmount)
    4.) Copy the folder "seplugins" to the ROOT Folder of your PSP MEMORY STICK. (E.G. X) - (X as in the drive letter of your PSP) - (Just allow it to overwrite, it will only add extra files and folders)
    5.) Disconnect USB and Restart in "Recovery Mode". (Hold R during PSP Startup)
    6.) Select "Configuration" -> Then Disable "Use NO-UMD" (Disable as in when it says (currently: Disabled)
    7.) Select "Back" -> Then "Plugins" -> Then first of all Disable any plugins that you already have enabled. (Just ignore what I said if you've never used plugins before)
    8.) Then enable the plugins in the following order:
    usbhostfs.prx [GAME]
    usbmount_game.prx [GAME]
    usbhostfs.prx [VSH]
    usbmount_vsh.prx [VSH]
    (Enable as in when it says "(Enabled)") Select "Back" and "Exit".
    9.) Scroll left till you get to "Settings" in XMB -> Then Scroll down and Select "System Settings" -> Scroll down to "UMD Auto-Start" and choose "Off".
    10.) Now download "PSPHost 2.0" HERE: http://pspupdates.qj.net/PSPHost-2-0/pg/49/aid/73834
    11.) Install then Open it up.
    12.) Right-click on "PSPHost" Icon in "TaskBar" -> and select "Settings".
    13.) In the Sub-title "Directory to share over USB" Browse to the folder where you have your ISOS/ CSOS in the ISO folder. (Like say if my ISOS/ CSOS are in C:/PSP/PSP Stuff/ISO/ I would choose C:/PSP/PSP Stuff and not including the last ISO folder.)
    14.) In the next "Program Options" Sub-title Check the box of "Enable USB at Program Start" now select OK.
    15.) Now plug-in your USB Cable -> Then put in your UMD and wait till it autoplays.
    16.) Now click the "Select" button on your PSP and navigate to "Connect to USB Host PC:" Select it by pressing "X" and make sure "Connect (Manual)" Is highlighted in blue. Press "X" on it even if it's already highlighted already.
    17.) Then navigate to "UMD via USB at Game Start:" Select it by pressing "X" and Make sure "Use" is highlighted in Blue. Press "X" on it even if it's already highlighted.
    18.) Now Press "X" on "Select UMD/ISO File:" and you should see all the games you got in your ISO folder.
    19.) Choose the game you want to play.
    20.) Now choose "Close Menu"
    21.) And by now your game should be loaded.
    22.) Select it and it should start straight away. (If it bounces back to the XMB menu with an error just press on your game again and this time it should load.)
    23.) That's it. Enjoy!
    24.) To stop playing the game (Follow this as I say or it will crash) Press "Home" on your PSP during the game and select "Yes" wait till it boots back to XMB then take the UMD out then pull the USB out and then quit the program "PSPHost" (Simple, ehh?)
    25.) To switch to another game just press "Select" then choose "Select UMD/ISO File:" and choose a new file, then you just simply close the window.
    26.) Play! (Same again: if it bounces back to the XMB menu with an error just press on your game again and this time it should load.)
    27.) To play normal UMD Discs, boot your PSP into "Recovery Mode" (Hold R while PSP Startup) and select "Plugins" -> and disable every plugins here, select "Back", go into "Configuration" under "Use NO-UMD" Enable it (Enable as in when it says (currently: Enabled)-> and "Exit"
    28.) Now put in your UMDS and play!!!
    29.) To play via USB again just Enable all the plugins and enable "Use NO-UMD".
    Note 1:

This is the most efficient way of playing games and switching games. (Trust me)
    Note 2:

Your game names in your ISO folder must not have spaces in them (For example Ape Academy 2 must be changed to Ape_Academy_2)
    Note 3:

After you've installed this you might encounter a problem when connecting you PSP to your computer. Say if you plugged in your PSP to your computer and chose "USB Connection" the PSP will not show up in "My Computer". You will have to go back to XMB again then click on "USB Connection" again. Then it will work.
    Note 4:

If you don't like the button arrangements in the program menu on your PSP (I mean the program that pops-up when you press "Select") Do the following:
    1.) Go back to the "seplugins" folder on your PSP through USB -> Double-click it -> and then Double-click on "USBMOUNT.INI" (The one with the picture of a notepad and an engine cog.) And edit it like this; where it says:

PSPCtrlOK=PSP_CTRL_CROSS
    PSPCtrlCancel=PSP_CTRL_CIRCLE

Change it to:

PSPCtrlOK=PSP_CTRL_CIRCLE
    PSPCtrlCancel=PSP_CTRL_CROSS

Or the other way round if you prefer it the other way.
    Note 5:

If you are having problems with the guide have a look here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/455639#2792613
    Note 6:

Right then the "long-awaited" TA-082 guide is finally here. But apologies that I could not put it up any sooner and also the fact that I can not post it here as "A" - I do not want to be held responsible if you bricked your "PSP" as this process involves in flashing your "PSP" and "B" - I do not have a "TA-082 PSP" so I cannot confirm that this works properly for "EVERYONE" nor I can make a more understandable guide fo new users.

"So here it is:" "READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE TRYING BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICKED YOUR PSP"

The alternative if you "DO NOT" want to flash your "PSP" - http://www.lan.st/showthread.php?t=431

If that didn't work then you will have to try this instead that INVOLVES IN FLASHING YOUR PSP" - http://forums.maxconsole.net/showpost.php?p=376348&postcount=84

PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU ARE HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS"
    Note 7:

This couldn't have happened without:
    out_37h_6 - for this AWESOME app
    danny_kay1710 - for "PSPHost"
    Dark_Alex - for 3.40 OE-A Custom Firmware
    hagisbasheruk - who first posted about this new plugin on the psp-haxors forum.
    and
    The people who made this site of course!!
    Please give me a message if you are going put my guide elsewhere and you can also give me a PM if you have problems too of course
    Anything wrong with the guide just tell me.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  2. jze17

jze17 Member

Does this work for 3.02oe-b? I've done everything right. The game icon shows up but when I click on it-it keeps on saying "The game could not be started (8002014E)".

3. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

updgrade to 3.03 OE-B then try this cause i think 3.02 oe-b doesn't work tht well.

4. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

So I take it that no one is interested in this guide then?

EDIT: Well apart from jze17

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  5. gandoor

gandoor Member

very interesting, can u connect it to say an external hd and play the games off of there?

cant wait for the ta082 guide (thats wat i got)

6. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

yes but ur external hd must be connected to the computer as u hav to run the program if tht was wht u mean

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  7. akito77

akito77 Member

Hey there, I just have to say THANKS. =)

This guide is very, very nice. I used to use Devhook 0.46 to load up iso through the usb cable. Devhook can only support usb on emulated firmware 2.71 or lower. I like to sometimes try the new games from Japan, but some need firmware 2.80, 3.01, etc. This way, I can play those games without putting it into my memory card. (BTW, I only have a 1 Gig, so i sometimes need to delete stuff to try those iso that need higher firmwares)

This way is also much more convenient and quicker than launching devhook and then playing.

THANKS for this great guide. You deserve this thanks, since I'm assuming what you said earlier that you worked for a long time on this guide is true. =)

8. detroit80

detroit80 Member

I can't get the driver to install for usbhostsfs.

9. Megaman17

Megaman17 Regular member

Gr8 Guide!!Thanks a lot!!=)

(Your hand must be hurting since u typed so many words)

It's very interesting, but i didn't try it anyway....

10. junkdude

junkdude Regular member

well its a nice guide!!!thnx a lot!!!but i dont know y i cant work it and i'm stuck in 18!!!i cant see any of my iso/cso!!!so i retried it but now the umd(demo one) wont even run its loading and loading nothing at all happenS!now i see the iso but it says after starting the game "the game could not be started (8002014e)"am i doin somthing wrong?i dont get it wheres the prob!!!! :(

*edited*LOLZ sorry got it working some how!!!!!i tried over and over again and now it cool workin!!!!!!thnx a lot! :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2007
  11. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

no problem

12. gzach

gzach Regular member

yeah its a great guide for begginers, how long did it take you to do this??
    i havent tried this though...

13. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

well it took me 20 minutes to get it workin and 2hrs to make the guide. not too bad for a first time.

14. midaks

midaks Member

well im still getting the problem i've tried 4 games and it still says "The game could not be started. (8002014E)" does anyone know wat too do??

P.s. im running at 3.03 OE-C

15. junkdude

junkdude Regular member

ahm thisdude i think u rnt allowed to post ur e-mail add in the forums(thts y there r PMs) :) !!!rules r rules!!!anyways i still thnk u for this helpfull guide!!!!good luck!!!
    @ midaks - be sure ur usbhostfs.prx [GAME]
    usbmount_game.prx [GAME]
    are enabled!!!! if enabled then try disabling and again enableing it!!!dont forget abt usbhostfs.prx [VSH]
    usbmount_vsh.prx [VSH]
    too :) lolz!!!goodluck!!!

16. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

thks for the heads up

17. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

did u click on the game a second time? look at no.22

18. tehjoker

tehjoker Regular member

Nice guide ThisDude, i didnt know they came out with a usbhostfs plugin for oe-c.

19. detroit80

detroit80 Member

When I tried to install the driver windows wouldn't take it. Thanks anyway.

20. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

r u talkin about psp type b? if u r then wen u c the new hardware wizard come up install it by clickin advanced and then choose use this location or sumthin and browse to C:\Program Files\PSPHost\driver and then it should install.