1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Outdated M3 Perfect?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by Deadboy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Deadboy

Deadboy Member

OK Ill make this short. I have an SP, I bought an M3 Perfect mini SD 2 weeks ago. I bought a DS from my local pawn shop today. Do I need to get the Passcard 3 now, or with recent advances in all in one adapters can I find an update to bypass the passcard. I have looked at the M3adapter but I see no new updates.

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

You need a passcard to use any slot-2 device in DS mode, it is becuase of how the DS works. There is a fairly recent update on the M3 site (think it's firmware 34A) which fixed a save problem with Zelda and a couple of other games.
    The all in one devices work without a passcard as they are slot-1 so either have a pass mehtod built in or appear as a real game to the DS.

3. Deadboy

Deadboy Member

Got it, I see now that the all in one adapter are slot one devices.

4. Deadboy

Deadboy Member

Quick follow up question, Do you recommend getting
    1. a passcard 3
    2. an all in one slot 1
    3. other

5. Deadboy

Deadboy Member

Money being a moderate factor

6. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

id suggest m3 simply since you can play your ds back ups in that and it can boot slot-2 devices

7. spathi

spathi Regular member

you can get an r4ds (same hardware as m3s, different software/branding, kernel updates aer typically 1-2 days earlier than m3) with a 1gb kingtson microsd for less than $50 from dealextreme. you can get a passcard for $20. I recommend the r4 because for $30 more you get a very capable slot 1 device which also acts as a passcard.

Also if your friends have a slot 1 or passcard device, you can borrow it and flash your DS with the latest flashme, and not need a passcard or slot 1 device after that. It also protects your DS from getting permanently bricked so I recommend flashing it also.

8. zengjian

zengjian Regular member

do you guys know anything about flashing your ds so that you can dl roms using download play on your ds?