1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

over sized files

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by rjsortiz, Feb 8, 2005.

1. rjsortiz

rjsortiz Member

I used DVD Decrypter for "Ray" since AnyDVD and DVD Shrink could not complete the backup (Program Error message when encoding begins). The file is now about 8gigs. Decrypter can't burn it, and Shrink won't either. Any suggestions or solutions?

Just gettin' started

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

shrink it with Shrink

3. rjsortiz

rjsortiz Member

I have attempted to use shrink, but when I get to the encoding portion, I get an programming error message.

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Try this: Use dvd decrypter and go to mode/file/Iso/read choose a destination folder and decrypt. After decrypter finishes, open shrink and go to file/open disk image/ and shrink will anylize. Then choose your compression settings/encrypt/ and burn with Nero or whatever burning software you use. Hopefully, you won't get any error messages durning encryption. If all fails, download a free program called "VobBlanker" There is a good tutorial on how to use it in one of these Forums(not sure where in here) as it works good to reprocess Vob files. If you are using Nero, do you have the latest updates?? Anyways, I used vobblanker for Resident Evil Apocalypse Now because shrink would freeze about halfway thru the anylising process. There are many combinations to use shrink,dvd decrypter,anydvd,dvd2one........etc.etc. I'm giving you 1 possible solution to your problem. I hope this helps you out?? drop me a line if it does!!

5. PSTizzle

PSTizzle Member

I burned Ray just fine using only decryptor and shrink. When it deosnt work and it says error i just delete the file and start over again and it works fine.

6. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

That is what I just said!!!! Decrypter and shrink. Do you get the error during encoding or analysis with shrink???? Your going to run into some movies like(Resident Evil & Grudge) where your problably going to have to use VOBBlanker. You'll get a Csc error or something like that on analysis and there is no deleting the vob files and starting over because it will do it over and over again. There is a new protecion on some of these newer movies that makes them a bitch to try and backup.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  7. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

The creator of dvd shrink is now working for Nero. Otherwise, there would have been an update for shrink by now and maybe we wouldn't have some of these problems with copyright issues on these newer movies.

8. PSTizzle

PSTizzle Member

I didnt have any problems with Grudge but i did with resident evil, but i just did what i told you and eventually it shunk.

9. rjsortiz

rjsortiz Member

Much thanks to the great info, I was successful in copying using Shrink. I re-authored within shrink to bring the final file size down, and voila. I did have problems with Resident Evil as well, that's when I downloaded Decrypter. I was able to burn within Decrypter, but Ray was just too darn big for this method.

I was excited to work with VobBlanker, but I couldn't find a download for it. Does anyone have a link for s download?

10. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Glad it worked for you:)