1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overburning a CD

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by EdPell, Apr 19, 2007.

1. EdPell

EdPell Member

I have a collection of FLAC files totaling 82' 27" that I burned to a Taiyo Yuden CD.

I actually read the Nero 6.6 manual to learn about overburning and determined that both my drives have that capability. I had to set the maximum CD size greater than 83' in order to get it to work. I'm pretty sure I set it above 85, but I can't recall. In any case, I recorded 83' 05" (838MB) according to Nero's Info Tool.

The manual also stated that overburning can cause read errors at the end of the disc. Sure enough, during the last 3 minutes of the CD, there were skips when played on a home audio system.

I think I did everything right and the result was not unexpected based on the manual, but I'm wondering if there's more I need to know to make sure I burn it so it plays okay.

Thanks
    EdP

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

It is more likely for disks to go out of spec nearer the outer edge which is why overburning can be problematic.