1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overburning Media

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by djcsurf, Aug 23, 2004.

1. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

There is something which puzzles me...
    I have a Plextor 48/24/48 burner and Nero 6.3.1.20 which i have used to successfully overburn 800mb (TDK media) BUT when i try to overburn with Imation or Traxdata 800mb media, the Plextor only reads them as 700mb. Can anyone please shed any light on this!

2. CJC

CJC Regular member

The discs will only show in Nero as 700mb, but if you have overburned enabled and set to around 82 minutes, you will be able to burn the 800mb on the CD.

CJC

3. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Thats not the problem, as i said ive overburned with TDK discs but when ive tried to overburn using Imation discs it says there is not enough disc space.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

If you haven't done so already updating the firmware for your drive may help.

5. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

Hi guys, thanks for taking the time out to reply.
    Ive just realised there was a slight over-sight on my behalf, the other discs work fine. After previous burns i forgot to change to the 'disc-at-once' feature. What threw me was that nero does recognise the TDK media as 800mb but not the others, although they still burn to 800mb.
    Sorry :(