1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overclocking integrated graphics?!?!?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by KooWater, Apr 12, 2007.

1. KooWater

KooWater Member

Is it possible to overclock or speed up integrated graphics? If so, how would I go by doing that.

I have an intel 910GL integrated graphics chip. It says it comes with 128 mb of shared ram but it doesnt feel like it. I want to try and play FFXI on this comp. I got a score of 3025 on the demo thingy but it felt a lil laggy at times. any advice would help.

Thanks!

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

I dont think you can do it on intel its not actually a Video Card built in its just a controler with video support.
    Yea well thats very true and tis what happends when teh graphics has no Pixel Shader,T&L support,The memory is being shared with your ram which slows it down more as it has ot reach it and it takes longer then having straight on ram,slow core clock.
    I guess you are stuck with it.
    Unless its a Desktop? which i think it is go out and buy something for 120-170au
    A radeon 9600XT 256mb is 162au and runs every game out on at elast medium most run on high with it very smooth.
    whats your moterboard?

3. KooWater

KooWater Member

I really dont know the model of my motherboard, but i dont have a pci express port. i only have pic slots. my computer model is "Dell Dimension E310." Are there any pci video cards out there that would be able to play decent games? games like final fantasy XI??...

thanks for the help with the integrated graphics by the way! :)

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

This is why I hate dell they always go stingy even though you end up paying alot.
    With only a PCi SLot the top card i know of that will work are the Geforce FX5500 PCI or the Geforce FX5700 PCI both are 256mb and for final fantasy you will be fine with these cards.
    ATi Hasnt made a PCI card lately the lats one i recall is the Radeon 9250 256mb but the Fx's are better go for them that is the bets you will get on PCI look for deals on ebay PCI cards are usually more pricey then AGP because they are more "Rare" now days.
    The 5700 is the best but its not much more with a 50mhz improvement over the 5500 buy whichever you can get out of the two.
    With either you will be able to run anything up to Underground 2's standard on high anything from and up from most wanted expect to run it in Shader 2.0 meaning lower quality so up from Most Wanted graphics expect agmes to run on low-mid settings with a 5/7/5/00 cards.
    Final Fantasy will work you will get games liek Flight Simulator and Underground 2 on high at a very stable rate
    here are the 5500 specs:
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

GPU Clock Speed 270 MHz

RAMDAC Speed 350 MHz
    Key Features
    Card Interface AGP 8x

Compatibility PC
    Memory
    Installed Memory 256 MB

Memory Tech DDR SDRAM

Memory Data Width 128-bit

Installed Memory / Technology 256 MB (DDR SDRAM)

Memory Bandwidth 6.4 GB/sec
    Technical Features
    Form Factor Plug-in card

Video Compression Standards MPEG-1 • MPEG-2

Analog Video Standards RGB

Max. Screen Resolution 2048 x 1536

Refresh Rate at Max Res 75 Hz @ 2048 x 1536

Special Features MPEG Decoder Card
    Input / Output
    Display Interface VGA - 15 pin D-Sub x 1 • DVI x 1

Output Interface S-Video