1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OverClocking Laptop?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LightXxX, Feb 7, 2011.

1. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Is it possible to Overclock my Lenovo G550? It has Intel Pentium T4500 2.30GHz with 4GB RAM and Intel Graphic Accelerator... So is it possible with any kind of softwares or anything by force or so can be overclockign it? Also im using Windows 7 Professional...

2. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Do they make water cooling kits for laptops now? thats the only way it wont overheat and melt the second you try to mess with something.
    There is a reason they lock/dont include those BIOS settings and its to keep someone from doing something monumentally silly like this and try to return for refund a burned-up machine.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

LightXxX, you have an overheating problem already with that laptop & now you want to make it worst by overclocking, give your head a shake boy!!! you already have a faster computer with that laptop compared to your emachine so don't mess it up. fix that overheat problem 1st before you fry the cpu.

4. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

He is never going to fix that overheating problem; he might as well just OC it and kill it quick-n-hard.

5. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

i already did.. I popped open the thing and i got a laptop Cooler for it... The map of heat is 145*F... I want to overclock by a little bit like to 2.60GHz which it should be around 160F* I have a Intel Pentium T4500 2300MHz and MAX reaches 4096MHz and i just want it to be at 2600MHz... Im palying CS:S and BlackOps and i want it to be able to run without lags on the laptop... I disabled Paging Files and Closed all programs but still barely handling it with medium lags i also did a Clean Install and did these thing too... Is it even Possible or Impossible with anything or by force to overclock? If it's not possible than just say "It's impossible" and if it's possible jsut say "Do this and Do that!" It's what i want to know... I got the Cooling under control...

6. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

I have a suspicion that you are comparing CPU speed to the maximum 4GB RAM your laptop will utilize.
    And my answer about how to OC a laptop remains the same as it was in my original post.

7. ddp

you don't have your cooling under control when your current cpu temp is just under 63c & you want to oc the cpu so that the temp will be at 71c. normal cpu temps is from the high 20's to the high 40's but when running at 63c you are burning out the cpu. like i said before you don't know what you are doing.

8. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

LoL...he actually doesn't know the difference between mhz and MB!

9. ddp

i know.

LightXxX, the cpu is not causing the lagging but your onboard video is & there is nothing you can do about it as intel videocards are at the bottom of the list.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  10. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I know that... Overclockers said that CPU at 40*C shouldn't be overclocking but i want to overclock mine... It's at 147*F(Max i seen) when running at 100% CPU Usage... Letting it at 0-10% is around 94-102*F... And i know wat different between MB and MHz... The MAX CPU get up to is 4096MHz(Probably based on RAM? also RAM is at 3004MB) and i also used a FinalWire ADA64 and it's where i got the MAXIMUM CLOCK 4096MHz from from... THE CUrRENT CLOCK is at 2300MHz but it's actually 2292MHz(Voltage at 3.3V)... Just tell me how to overclock it by a little BIT please... If it's possible, just tell me how to overclock... The fan is not with the CPU so of course it's ganan go up high, i got a Laptop fooler and is blowing on it(Lowered degree by 20-30 when at 100% without cooler) Just tell me how to OVERCLOCK it... It's mine and i know the responsiblity... I wont even overclock 3GHz... jsut to 2.6GHz or so... RAM shared 1.5GB RAM with Video and Video has 32MB RAM... I currently using 3004MB RAM so it's a lot which slow down computer and i think it's CPU because it's at 100% and im playing CS:S so of course it's ganna use CPU more than RAM...

11. ddp

according to this link http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/content/pdf/notebooks/Essential/G-Series/G550 Datasheet.pdf there is no 4096MHz cpu because that is actually 4096meg of ram. the ram is not slowing done the computer because if using vista the ram is actually making windows go faster then if only using 1gig of ram. the videocard is the problem not the cpu speed or ram amount & there is nothing you can do about it as you cannot change them like you can in a desktop case.

12. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I dont get is it even possible at all... You people are not giving me the answer i needed... If it's possible, i wanna OC it to 2.6 or so... I dont seem to see any Intel Pentium T4500 and when it said Sound: 2x2W stereo speakers with 3D surround sound enhancement, it's not 3D... Why doesn't it have Intel pentium T4500 and just tel lme if it's even possible please... Just let me OC my computer but if it cant than just said "You cant and it's impossible..." If my laptop can OC, tell me what to get first or do first to OC my laptop...

13. ddp

try it yourself as not all desktop & laptops are overclockable especially namebrand computers. yours might be overclockable but we don't know as we don't have that laptop.

14. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

So, what kind of laptop is? How do i do it or how to make it work? I need answer on how to OVERCLOCK... Also, i jsut tho a funny way to get better cooling on CPU... Is it possible to use little Glass Box filled with water and super-glue it on the CPU? LOL it was funny but is it even possible for it to work and stable LOL.... I was planning to put something that heat doesn't go through like "10 Super-Glue layers"(keep putting layers by letting it dry than put it on than let it dry!!!) on top of the metal/copper... Would it even decrease the Degrees... How do i Overclock the CPU by force or something? What do i use or what to get to make it work? im doing some reasearch and i might find some so please give some easier hint because i spent over 5 minutes now... FOUND NONE....

15. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

SIMPLE ANSWER:
    YOUR LAPTOP WILL NEVER BE GOOD FOR GAMING, NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO TO IT.

That laptop is intended for basic things like web browsing, text documents, spreadsheets, etc. It is not intended to be upgraded in any aspect that does not help one of these functions. If you want to play games on it, stick to games made around the time of Quake 2 or earlier; most of those should play fine.

16. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Fixed that for you KB! LOL

17. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Quake 2 will run on intel graphics...you have to turn the settings down a little, but it runs at 30-60FPS if you set it to 640x480...of course that might be enough to make the laptop start on fire!

18. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

Clockgen works on some But, when you change the fsb you take the chance to destroy your hard drive, ram ect. along with the processor. A Pentium in a laptop is not the best choice to over clock anyways, you can heat a house with a Pentium at normal clock.
    Any over clocker will tell you if the laptop is hot to the touch now, DO NOT attempt an over clock. Also you'll need a video camera so we can see the firemen hosing down your laptop when it burst into flames. Just kidding...kind of, just have a fire extinguisher. Google and Youtube has a lot on over clocking. You haven't taken the good advise from the pros so far so, I figure you really intend to fry that sucker.

19. ddp

anybody got marshmellows & hotdogs nearby?

20. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

For the video, sprinkle a little bit of diesel fuel on the keyboard; that should make it go up nice and quick!