1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking the new Sempron 2400

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by agent-k, Sep 18, 2004.

1. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

You may have seen my other post yesterday about fitting the new Sempron processor because I couldn't get an XP2500 Barton any where.
    Well this morning I decided to try and overclock it even though it isn't my computer.
    The standard specs for the Sempron 2400 are 333Fsb with a multiplier of 10X. This gives it a clock speed of 1.66Ghz.
    I went into the bios and raised the Fsb to 400, saved and exited.
    To my surprise it booted to windows staight away, no fuss,no bother.
    I defragmented the hard drive to give it something to do and then played Quake 3 Arena for twenty minutes.
    Quake actually loaded slightly quicker than it does on my Barton.
    It's now running at 2.0Ghz with no other alterations other than the Fsb increase. After playing Quake I checked the cpu temp with Asus probe and it was reading 38C. [bold]There are no case fans in this system[/bold].
    The 2.0Ghz that this 2400 is running at is the same as the Sempron 2800 which was £36.00 more expensive, which was why I didn't buy it.
    All in all this a cracking chip and another overclockable gem from AMD.
    I'm so impressed with this processor that I'm going to try overclocking it a little more later.
    I'll get back to you with the results.
    This chip is sooo fast for what's meant to be a budget brand.
    I'm sure others will have a different opinion but it's well worth the money.

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Can't do anymore experimenting with it. my neighbour came to collect it.

3. rnamuc

rnamuc Member

I have recently purchased the Sempron 2400 chip and works a treat! Great value for money and very very fast. Im only running 256MB DDR RAM and could imagine the performance I would get with 512 or 1Gb RAM. Im also running it at 400 FSB and without a drama. The only problem im having is getting audio?! Im using the GB 7VM400M-RZ!

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

no ones posted here for a while but was wondering what anyones got there 2400+ up to?? mines at 2.0ghz with fsb 200x10. Ambient temp is 37C and cpu temp 52C. Any ideas on hot to go higher with stock heatsink/fan???

5. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

6. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

ok, up to 2100mhz (210x10) and 1.65v, temp is still around 52C for the cpu.
    Not bad for a $AUD100 chip thats only supposed to be 1.6ghz

7. barbat

barbat Guest

I have the same audio problem with the Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ motherboard. There is no audio device !!!

My pc config is AMD sempron 2400+,Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ with latest BIOS, 512MB PC2700 RAM. Does anyone know of a fix. Thanks.

8. PCnut

PCnut Member

I had the same issue with the Gigabyte 7VM400M-RZ motherboard. I would sometimes have sound, sometimes not. I replaced the mobo with another 7VM400M-RZ mobo and it works now. Looks like a mobo issues. My advice is to avoid this mobo.