1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overclocking Video Card?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by drako17, Jan 4, 2008.

1. drako17

drako17 Regular member

I have a nvida 7900gs. i have riva tuner but i dont know how to overclock. at least not the difference between core clock and memory clock. which one should be higher. whats the difference between both of them. i also have a x1950 pro 256mb. how much could i overclock them both. if anyone of you could please help me. thanks

2. drako17

drako17 Regular member

one other thing. when im playing a game. my graphics seem a little choppy. very little thou. i have a core 2 duo e6400 processor 2gb of memory at 667 nvidia 7900gs. while the other has a pentium d 3.0 x1950 pro 256. it runs alot smoother than this one. i've updated all the drivers. what are the top reasons for this?

3. Waymon3X6

Waymon3X6 Regular member

Its because your graphics card is to not good enough to play the game(s) at whatever settings you're playing it at. The reason why the x1950 has less lag is because it is a better and more powerful card than the 7900.

As for over clocking, I would not over clock to much, until you know what temps you are getting. You should also get a after market cooler if you plan on doing high over clocks.