1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overheating my cpu

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Angael, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Angael

Angael Member

I have a AMD Athlon XP 2600+ running at 2083MHz that seems to crash allmost every minuter. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the CPU temp. being around 52 degrees C. And the system temp. being around 36 degrees C. The fan runs about 2500rpm. Can you tell me if it is running too high and what i should do.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I'm guessin that's probably a TBredB cuz I'm pretty sure Barton's dont get that warm on idle even with stock cooling. Here's the lowdown on the TBredB2600:

CPU: 2.133Ghz
    FSB: 266DDR
    Multiplier: 16.0x (damn that's high hehe)
    Process: 0.13micron
    Core Voltage: 1.65v
    Max Core Temp: 85°C

As you can see 52ºC is warm but certainly not enough to get worried over. I'm guessing you are using stock cooling? In either case I dont think heat is the fault here. To eliminate the possibility of it being a software problem, a format might help. You might want to run a memory diagnostic as memory (and overheating memory) tend to be more problemsome than CPU heat. Another angle you might want to check is the PSU