1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Override the Copy Restriction on WMA audio files & Convert to mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ganymede1, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ganymede1

ganymede1 Member

Hi,
    I rarely have to deal with the wma format, but I have a number of wma audio files from an on-line library lender that allows you to have the files for 21 days. I need them longer and I want to convert the files to mp3 so I listen to them on my Ipod.

Right now I use EZ-DA Extractor Pro to convert any audio files to mp3 and it generally works great, but on this occasion it registers the copy restriction on the wma files that I want to convert and won't let me do it. I am bummed as you can imagine, but I know there is a way around this little obstacle.

Can anyone suggest a program that would allow me to override the wma restriction so I could convert the files to a mp3 audio format?

Feedback on this is appreciated.

Sky

2. consu_elo

consu_elo Guest

Hy,
    I like to tell you that I am using SPAM for removing the copy protection and for converting both audio and video files. It has a lot of functions, too, which are useful, like burning CDs, creating ringtones.
    You can find more information *removed*
    I hope that my answer will help you!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  3. ganymede1

ganymede1 Member

Thanks for replying to my post. I had given up hope that someone would respond. I downloaded the TuneBite program you suggested and will give it a try. I tried Noteburner (I think that is that name), which is supposed to be similar--I think--but I wasn't able to bypass the restriction on the wma files. I don't imagine it should make a difference whether the files are on a disc or simply on your desktop, having been downloaded from a site. I thought that might be the problem why it hadn't worked before. Perhaps I shall fair better with TuneBite.

Specifically for the guy who answered my post, if you need a serial number for TubeBite, reply to my response and I will follow up with it. I am very appreciative that you took the time to answer an old post like this one. Thanks again.

Sky

4. bratcher

bratcher Active member

If your talking about wma files from Overdrive then yes Tunebite will convert them with no problems.

5. ganymede1

ganymede1 Member

Thanks Bracher,

Converting wma files from Overdrive is precisely what I want to do. Good guess on that one. I haven't tried the TuneBite program yet, but I will do so soon and hopefully the conversion will go smoothly. Thanks again for answering my question:)

Sky

6. tucker001

tucker001 Regular member

just rerecord them with audacity or analogwhole

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

It will convert any Overdrive book during the borrowing licence period including book titles that can't be burned to CD. However it won't convert a book who's license has expired.

8. Fawny

Fawny Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2008
  9. freedom2

freedom2 Regular member

soundtaxi works well, removes drm protection, converts to mp3 and
    other audio formats, also has batch mode. and has built-in cd
    burner also.......gday to all

10. home_less

home_less Guest

Hi all,
    These days I saw that it came out a program which has many function, it includes 3 program in just one (Radiotracker, Tunebite and Videoraptor). It can ripper music from broadcasts, it can free copy protection from both audio and video files and it can convert files. It is a great deal, because its cost is cheaper than if you want to get all 3 programs. You can click here for other information

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2008
  11. consu_elo

consu_elo Guest

10X, home_less,
    I looked for this software, Audials One, you talked about and I'm thinking to buy it, cause it looks pretty well. It isn't expensive... Did you buy it??? It is easy to work with it??

12. puffy1983

puffy1983 Guest

Hi all,
    I got that Audials One and it works great for me...I find it a great deal, with 3 programs, it is very useful. What I like best is that I can download music from YouTube at high speed and it doesn't loss in quality at all

13. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

Tunebite = Audials = spammers selling crapware that doesn't work. Thanks for hijacking 4 threads peddling software that doesn't work very well, puffy

14. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Banhammer dropped....no spamming mmmmkay

15. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I bought Tunebite awhile back & it works just fine for me making non DRM'ed audio & video files. Am very happy with it....