1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P2P and Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by chrisj26, Sep 27, 2007.

1. chrisj26

chrisj26 Member

I've just started using Vista...does anyone know which p2p s/w is best for vista.been using Ares for a long time but haven't yet tried it on vista.im looking for a similar tool which is just as powerful and supports torrents,...

2. faqman98

faqman98 Regular member

azuerus and utorrent are always good choices. both of these i personally tested on vista and they both work

3. seagrave

seagrave Regular member

I had problems with Azureus with XP so I started using BitTorrent. When my old PC's HD died I tried to salvage some of the partial downloads so I stuck with BitTorrent when I got a Vista PC. But it's been freezing up... and not even shutting down the process in task manager help. I have to restart the PC. Is there any standard interchangability of partial torrents between clients?

4. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Open your torrent from the original file using the same download folder and they should resume where they left off.

5. seagrave

seagrave Regular member

Thanks, I'll give it a try if I can ever get any of my P2P programs to connect. I still have some partials left over from last May LOL.

6. lubricant

lubricant Guest

has anyone had icon/G.U.I. corruption with ares (newest build) on vista?